Monitors which lcd if i had...

mjumrani

Skilled
suppose i had an ati4870x2 or nvidia gtx 295

which lcd(size,model,hd or not, etc should i have for heavy gaming and movie watching???

2560x1600 on 30" panel with maximum eyecandy (8xAA, 16xAF and all that graphic juju) will make 4870x2 very very happy... :)

... or if you're FPS junkie, get 24" monitor to game at 1920x1200 with everything turned up and get even more FPS.

iGo said:
2560x1600 on 30" panel with maximum eyecandy (8xAA, 16xAF and all that graphic juju) will make 4870x2 very very happy... :)

... or if you're FPS junkie, get 24" monitor to game at 1920x1200 with everything turned up and get even more FPS.

that would be nice. :eek:hyeah:

is full hd resolution better or 1920*1200???

Off-course 1920x1200....

Full HD is 1920x1080. The only thing about FullHD panels is that 1080p content will fill the screen without the black bands on top and bottom, but you're losing 120pixels vertically in everything else (games, applications, desktop space). On 1920x1200 panel, it's already full HD ready. Just that you'll see black bands on top and bottom. I don't think it's that big of deal breaker, plus I really think this whole FullHD business is marketing bullcrap.

mjumrani said:
but wouldnt the dvdrips look pixelated in a 24"???

Unless they are bad rips.... NO.

See... DVDs are mostly 720x480 or similar resolutions (widescreen). Rips are either slightly smaller, usually 640 or 672 in width. From your signature I see that you're using 19" monitor, I presume you're on 1440x900 resolution. That's exactly the double width of actual widescreen DVD. Does it look pixelated? No, right? Does any of your current DVD rips look pixelated? Again No, right?

Video scaling in players is quite different affair than Image/photo scaling in image viewers... if your concern about pixelation is based on that experience (ie. when you zoom smaller image on large display, it looks pixelated)

So, you can guess from that... that unless they're bad DVDrips, they shouldn't look noticeably bad.

iGo said:
Unless they are bad rips.... NO.

See... DVDs are mostly 720x480 or similar resolutions (widescreen). Rips are either slightly smaller, usually 640 or 672 in width. From your signature I see that you're using 19" monitor, I presume you're on 1440x900 resolution. That's exactly the double width of actual widescreen DVD. Does it look pixelated? No, right? Does any of your current DVD rips look pixelated? Again No, right?

Video scaling in players is quite different affair than Image/photo scaling in image viewers... if your concern about pixelation is based on that experience (ie. when you zoom smaller image on large display, it looks pixelated)

So, you can guess from that... that unless they're bad DVDrips, they shouldn't look noticeably bad.
agreed:hap2:

Back