Which mainline stabilizer to buy?

ishanjain28

Disciple
Hi, I need a 10kva mainline stabilizer. I am currently considering Aulten copper 10kva stabilizer. A technician we know said, most stabilizers are step stabilizers and only jump to preset range for a given input. Some of them may do a poor job(for example vguard and some aulten stabilizers go down to 200-210V from 240V when 240V is perfectly normal)

He suggested servokon which use a different technology and can lock on a voltage but servokons are expensive at about 40k for a 10kva stabilizer.

I'll be using this with my submersible pump, 3 acs(2x 1.5T, 1 1T) and everything else. 10kva or 8kw should be sufficient for me.

Can someone here recommend a good Stabilizer?

Wow im in the same boat, someone told me the same thing that step stabilizers are so crap that its better not to use them at all. They suggested me servo ones. I couldnt find a nice 5kva servo stabilizer for a reasonable price. Now im just looking to buy individual stabilizers for each big home appliances

Servo stabilizers are very good at quickly regulating smaller variations in voltage however they are very expensive and are typically reserved for sensitive equipment like large medical appliances.

Regular stabilizers, the step ones, have a few relays that switch between different taps of the winding of the transformer and this usually suffices. You should choose a stabilizer with a voltage range that closely matches the voltage fluctuations you see in your area. The stabilizers with the widest range (90v to 305v or so) also have the largest variation in their output so it's important to choose one that covers the range that you require without going too far beyond.

I have a VGuard mainline stabilizer because sometimes in the evening the voltage here crosses 250V. There's also frequent power cuts from the "wildlife" (cats and birds) seeking the warmth of the locality's transformer and then electrocuting/exploding themselves, causing the transformer to trip. Power is usually restored quickly when that happens. This VGuard one has a delayed power-on feature, which is useful in allowing the voltage to normalize for a few seconds before passing it through the stabilizer to whatever is connected to it, thereby protecting the connected devices from the large voltage spikes that occur when power is restored.

vguard has poor service in my area so I bought this one instead, https://www.amazon.in/AULTEN-10KVA-Copper-8000W-90V/dp/B08QZBN3HJ/
Range is 90-300V, it has initial time delay feature(I think this is another name for delayed power on?) and weighs around 38KG.
5KVA for servo stabilizer is very low I think.
Maybe you can talk to these guys https://www.servokon.com/ and see if they offer some thing for that
Wow im in the same boat, someone told me the same thing that step stabilizers are so crap that its better not to use them at all.

Avoid servokon for now. Their current products have PCB issues. I got their servos and while they work fine, i've had the PCB for the servo changed 5-6 times across 18 months (3 servos).

There are other players in the market for servo stabilisers.

vguard has poor service in my area so I bought this one instead, https://www.amazon.in/AULTEN-10KVA-Copper-8000W-90V/dp/B08QZBN3HJ/
Range is 90-300V, it has initial time delay feature(I think this is another name for delayed power on?) and weighs around 38KG.
5KVA for servo stabilizer is very low I think.
Maybe you can talk to these guys https://www.servokon.com/ and see if they offer some thing for that
wow that aulten one is so expensive.
At this point i feel like im okay with voltage damaging my products and paying 10-15k for repairs instead

This aulten stabilizer is acting weird. One of it's step is around 140V. Output keeps jumping between 195V and 235V and for some reason, The compressor in AC, lights and one of the cameras that's directly connected to mains keep restarting. Compressor speed drops instantly from 76/85/100% to 4%. (Can this damage compressor?)

I don't have much knowledge of electrical so I don't understand why is everything restarting when this happens! 195V and 235V both are well within the operating voltages of most products. I think there might be an issue with neutral somewhere? I am not sure

for a 2x 2ton ac , 1 large fridge , 8 fans , and almost 10 tuhbelights , 3 tv 50+ inches , 850w pc , 550 w pc , three large water heaters , roughly how much mainline stabilizer should i aim for ? This is very rough and inflated number of items i telling..

There is some problem in the wiring in my home. A lot of stuff was restarting even when stabilizer was in bypass mode and when I disconnected it and reconnected input/output directly. Electrician will be here tomorrow to fix it.

Before I had checked any thing, I had asked aulten customer support 2 questions.

1. With input voltage between 143-149V, It was outputting 195-203V. My local electrician said it should not let output voltage fall to 195V before turning on the relay to increase voltage but aulten says that's the operating range(195V-235V) and this is expected behavior. It increases voltage to 235V when voltage drops below 140V.

2. They had no clue about why every thing was restarting. I mentioned it was happening when stabilizer was in bypass mode and they said it must be because of some thing else and stabilizer was not at fault.

I told them all the stuff I had connected to this stabilizer and they suggested I should use a servo stabilizer. Servo stabilizers typically have a range of 170V-270V but they offered an option to make a custom stabilizer that was tuned for operating range of 110V-270V. It was priced at around 44.8k(with shipping and gst). Servo stabilizers are amazing. I wanted it before I bypassed the stabilizer completely and confirmed it(#1) was not stabilizer's fault but now I am not sure. It's difficult to pack this and send it back and I'll have to redo mounting system for the servo stabilizer. I don't want to do all that work again so I'll probably continue using step stabilizers and this might be an upgrade in the future.
for a 2x 2ton ac , 1 large fridge , 8 fans , and almost 10 tuhbelights , 3 tv 50+ inches , 850w pc , 550 w pc , three large water heaters , roughly how much mainline stabilizer should i aim for ? This is very rough and inflated number of items i telling..

2ton ACs -> ~1900W each
Fans -> ~100W each
Fridge -> No clue about it
Tubelights -> ~20W each
TVs -> No clue about this but let's say ~250W
Water Heaters -> Check power rating on it. For now, I'll use ~3kw

I'll say around ~20KVA. preferably 25KVA to keep some headroom and not run the stabilizer at 100% capacity all the time.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. Any suggestion on model ?
wow that aulten one is so expensive.
At this point i feel like im okay with voltage damaging my products and paying 10-15k for repairs instead
If you have products not that expensive / old devices , then what you are saying is fine. Fridges dont often breakdown , they are pretty resilient imo , i could be wrong also.

The problem arises when you have expensive devices or old devices where they are working fine and finding repair/parts is difficult.

Also (i havent bought) these stabilizers can protect future devices as well.. we will never know what we might buy..

Last edited:
hey @sid1712 Do you have suggestions for a company that sells servo stabilizers? I'll probably need some thing custom built for my use case. (110-270V range, 10KVA load and preferably some thing I can put on a platform mounted to a 8 inch thick wall)

I had numerous issues with Aulten 10kva stabilizer. Their support(and sales dept!) was terrible so I returned it and bought a servo stabilizer from golden servo. This new stabilizer will be installed either today or tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20230628_095954.jpg
    20230628_095954.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20230628_095818.jpg
    20230628_095818.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230628_100031.jpg
    20230628_100031.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 79
Ishan... What is the capacity along with price !?
Please also post your experience after using for a week when normal voltage in the range of 200-240. Thanks

This is 10kva servo stabilizer. Normally, such stabilizers have input range of 170-270V but I get lower input voltage so this is custom built to work in 110-270V range.
170-270V range stabilizer costs around 25k and this stabilizer cost me 45k + 4k transport charges +gst. (Volumetric weight was 140kg and it was shipped in a wooden crate)

This is calibrated to output 230V +-1% (vs 200-240V +-5% in step stabilizers) and it will not have any fluctuation on the output beyond the 1% unlike step stabilizers where the output fluctuates a lot.

the product page is here,http://goldenservo.com/1phaseservoair.html

I am expecting everything (inverter ACs and some other stuff) to work without any problems unlike all the issues I had with step stabilizers and I'll share my experience in a few days.
It's a little early but so far it looks great!

I so wish I had a similar screenshot when I had aulten stabilizer installed. It had so many spikes every few seconds or minutes between 190-235V (when input voltage was between 150-220V)

This is the voltage range with servo stabilizer when input is between 150-220V. My sensor is not super accurate, it's off by about 2V. (I tested separately with fluke multimeter and the real voltage is around ~229-230V when sensor is reading 227.5-228V. The screen on the stabilizer reads 229/230V)

The biggest drop closer to start of the graph is when I turned on ~2KW submersible pump
1688042220586.png

Last edited:
hey @sid1712 Do you have suggestions for a company that sells servo stabilizers? I'll probably need some thing custom built for my use case. (110-270V range, 10KVA load and preferably some thing I can put on a platform mounted to a 8 inch thick wall)
Hi, didnt see this message.

Great that you got a stabiliser that works now. Mine were oil cooled 3 phase servos so voltage range was limited.

I am getting 90-100V input today. Stabilizer was working until 105V and it cut off output after that. At 105V input, it was outputting ~220V. AC etc were working perfectly fine at that mainline input voltage.

On low voltage cut off, A buzzer goes off that can't be disabled from the control panel. I'll probably disconnect it internally because it's quite loud and unpleasant. A short video of this

I am getting 90-100V input today. Stabilizer was working until 105V and it cut off output after that. At 105V input, it was outputting ~220V. AC etc were working perfectly fine at that mainline input voltage.

On low voltage cut off, A buzzer goes off that can't be disabled from the control panel. I'll probably disconnect it internally because it's quite loud and unpleasant. A short video of this
Had a similar issue on mine. I asked their technician to take out the speaker from the PCB. No more irritating beeps

Back