Which Media Player to BUY..:D

anujgupta

Disciple
hey guys,

i have sony BRavia W series LCD 32"
i wanted to Watch HD movies on this LCD, so i m planning to buy a HD mEdia Player.
but i m confused between following medial players:
any more suggestion are also welcome..:D

1. Asus O!Play HD2

Asus O!Play HD2 review - Multimedia reviews - TrustedReviews

2. Asus O!Play Air HDP-R3

Asus O!Play Air HDP-R3 review - Multimedia reviews - TrustedReviews

my main usage of the media players will be only watching HD movies especially dollowing formats mkv, BD25..:D etc...

my budget will be around 10k max..:p

so can you suggest me soon bcuz i wil be goin Nehru Palace, this coming wednesday..:)

Go for Western Digital TV Live Hub, it comes with a built in 1TB drive. Excellent performance and at below 10k. I am using if now for the past 3 weeks with my 47" LG LED TV and obviously 720p and 1080p content rocks.

This is also one of the oldest [Western Digital] HD media players in India [the WD TV Live Hub was introduced in Oct-10]. There are other's like AC Ryan; Boxee; Xtreamer - but their best models are all above 20-25K. If your budget can stretch then wait for AC Ryan FLUXX HD Media player, see the link

AC Ryan | Defining Digital Entertainment

Hey there,

I was in the same dilemma just like yours. I researched a lot, and FINALLY bought AC Ryan PlayOn HD media player :D

It costed me Rs. 9500 from AqTronics - The official resellers of PlayOn HD in India. My media player came with official 2-year India Warranty :)

It's one of the best media players out there with regular community supported firmware updates :)

There were 2 MAIN reasons I went with PlayOn HD. First, you can insert a regular 3.5" HDD inside the PlayOn HD media player. Other players needed an external 2.5" HDD, which are costlier compared to 3.5". I bought a 2 TB Seagate HDD for roughtly Rs. 5000, whereas at Rs. 5000, you can only get maximum 1 TB of external HDD.

Second main reason was OFFICIAL 2 YEARS India warranty :)

Here is the official PlayOn India website....

HD Media Player, AC Ryan India, Play on HD India, True HD media players

Their main office is in Bangalore with another satellite office in Mumbai :) You can call them up :)

Also, Rs. 9500 also included shipping charges and a bonus wifi dongle, with which you can connect your PlayOn HD media player to your wifi setup at home if you have one for wireless data transfer and bittorrent downloading :)

If you have any questions, then do let me know :)

Edit: Also, AC Ryan has recently released "PlayOn HD 2" with additional features like USB 3.0, etc., etc. You can research these features on the internet, and if you want, you can wait for sometime and directly buy the PlayOn HD2, which of course will be costlier. I spoke with AqTronics about PlayOn HD 2, and they said it will take them at least a month or 2 to get the new player, so the decision is up to you.

Back