Monitors Which monitor should I buy?

juventino

Disciple
My budget is 11-12k. I require a full hd monitor with hdmi. I will be using the monitor for daily stuff like
1.internet, word etc.
2.watching a lot of movies, tv shows and streamed content.
3.connecting my xbox 360.

I have a nvidia GeForce 9300 chipset motherboard with built in graphics and hdmi output. I have 4 gigs ram. I am running Windows 7.

I have shortlisted some monitors namely,

1. Benq G2412HD
2. Benq G2420HD
3. Benq E2420HD
4. Benq E2220HD
5. Samsung P2350 (i know it doesn't have HDMI)

Please feel free to mention any other monitor. I will be purchasing from Nehru Place Delhi but you can provide me price from anywhere in India. I doubt there would be much difference between the metros.

Thanks in advance!

well i have a P2350, has no HDMI though and it does not come with a DVI cable. I really cant complain about it, looks great and colors are accurate enough although the whites are a bit washed out. It cost me 12000+tax and 350 for the DVI cable :) i know you get other monitors for a better price which are 24" but my personal choice is Samsung so :)

If you can stretch your budget, Dell 24" are a great buy. Buygamingstuff has a GO on on 2 models. I'd recommend s2409w @ 12.5 k.

Samsung Lavender has killer looks, but no HDMI.

Go for BenQ if you're on a tight budget.

You'll need a GPU upgrade to get the most out of these monitors

sa_ill said:
16:9 is rare. For desktops, the usually available stuff is 16:10

Huh? Which world are you living in, dude?

naru80 said:
If you can stretch your budget, Dell 24" are a great buy. Buygamingstuff has a GO on on 2 models. I'd recommend s2409w @ 12.5 k.

Samsung Lavender has killer looks, but no HDMI.

Go for BenQ if you're on a tight budget.

You'll need a GPU upgrade to get the most out of these monitors

Huh? Which world are you living in, dude?

s2409w looks like a good monitor. which gpu is good for hd videos?

BenQ G2420HD @Rs11440 (incl taxes) in Bangalore is a good deal. Its got HDMI for DVD player, DVID for an Apple and D-Sub for laptop.

Ok...P2350 doesn't have an hdmi cable so I am gonna rule that out. What about the E2420 and E2220? Are they out yet? If they are not then its between the G2420HD and Dell S2409W. Which one is better between the two?

Friend's Benq had color issues. Could be the specific piece. Ive had many bad experiences from Benq, So my suggestion would be Dell / Samsung.

Samsung: VFM

Dell: No-compromise QUALITY

Back