Which one to buy for 1440p Gaming? RtX3060 Vs RX6600XT?

RX6600XT Should be the one Bro , The Benchmarks proves the superiorty of the RX6600XT Over RTX 3060 , Check the Benchmark Review For Further Clarification.

Last edited:
Sorry My mistake , mistakenly wrote 3060 Ti , Corrected It however Title Mentions RTX3060 vs RX6600 XT also the Benchmark Review

depends on the price entirely tbh, if you can get the 3060 for a fair bit cheaper than the 6600xt then its well worth it. In raw performance you already know the 6600xt is better but considering DLSS and the performance impact of enabling raytracing and such, it depends on what you plan to play on it and definitely what price you can get them for. gl

If for instance

Rx6600xt is priced at 46k
While
Rtx3060 is priced at 47k

Which one is better
Of course in raw performance rx6600xt is better
But do Ray tracing is important or not
Please suggest

DLSS is the technology currently available that wins it for the 3060, especially at that price difference. Ray tracing is not important by any means, but it's a nice to have. No telling if AMD's own supersampling algorithms will provide viable competition for DLSS in the future, or if it would even be viable for current AMD cards.

Obviously Performance To Price Ratio is higher on the 6600 , as for the ray tracing it solely depends on the User , i.e do you really care that much about more accurate shadows? On top of that Ray tracing is like trying to squeeze in a fourth job when you’re already working 90 hours a week.

My take is that at same price point, 3060 wins due to dlss and ray tracing but if 6600xt is cheaper by 3-4k then its a no brainer to go with 6600xt.

I don't have the budget that can even buy 3060ti
So between these two
Either rx6600xt or rtx3060
That's all
get the RX6600XT and forget the rtx stuff as of now. if you want to play minecraft then the matter is that, you will need a nvidia card for better experience on any edition.

I would Say Go for RTX 3060... Even if you don't want RT Features....DLSS is really a game-changer... though few games support it but their number is continuously increasing..
As you already know... you can use FSR with both RX and RTX... but DLSS is RTX exclusive.. and is better looking
As both are nearly the same price.. ( Around 2K to 3K Difference.. ).. I would say.. go for RTX 3060...

Benefits for RTX 3060 : DLDSR... DLSS....FSR/NIS... SSRTGI using Geforce Overlay...
Benefits for RX 6600XT : Better FPS ( Performance between RTX 3060 and RTX 3060Ti... ).. Although if Game has DLSS... RTX 3060 Has better FPS..
AMD RSR ( not launched yet... soon will be... it's like NIS )...

SO.... overall... go for RTX 3060.. still.. RTX 3060Ti will be a better Choice.

I would Say Go for RTX 3060... Even if you don't want RT Features....DLSS is really a game-changer... though few games support it but their number is continuously increasing..
As you already know... you can use FSR with both RX and RTX... but DLSS is RTX exclusive.. and is better looking
As both are nearly the same price.. ( Around 2K to 3K Difference.. ).. I would say.. go for RTX 3060...

Benefits for RTX 3060 : DLDSR... DLSS....FSR/NIS... SSRTGI using Geforce Overlay...
Benefits for RX 6600XT : Better FPS ( Performance between RTX 3060 and RTX 3060Ti... ).. Although if Game has DLSS... RTX 3060 Has better FPS..
AMD RSR ( not launched yet... soon will be... it's like NIS )...

SO.... overall... go for RTX 3060.. still.. RTX 3060Ti will be a better Choice.
he is in doubt about rtx so 6600XT makes sense...

None for 1440p, you need atleast 3060Ti OC top model or 3070 for decent 1440p.
Recommended is 3080 for 1440p but would be double your budget.
I beg to disagree. The 3060Ti and 3070 are perfectly adequate for 1440p gaming, with little to no compromises on the visual fidelity (especially when using the latter). OP doesn't need the 'OC' or 'top model' either. The 3060 is acceptable at 1440p but the quality settings will need to be dialed down a little when running at a native render resolution. Again, all of this title dependent.

OP, I'd personally go for Nvidia over AMD (3060 over the 6600XT) currently simply because DLSS is a more mature (and widespread) upscaling technology compared to FSR. RT is nice, but the clincher is DLSS. Also, without global illumination, most people would have a very hard time differentiating between RT on/off. With the latest iteration, DLSS is now at the point where it can enhance details over the native resolution in some cases. The AI apocalypse is almost at hand..

Last edited:
I've dealt with AMD driver shenanigans in games for 3 years now, if you can send a list of games you play often/plan to play often I can probably identify the ones that have issues with AMD cards or lack a lot of features on them.
Off the top of my head for example, ArmA 3 PiP only exists on Nvidia along with a lot of gpu optimization that the AMD cards never got, Escape from Tarkov has insane issues with all AMD cards, forza horizon 5 had around 8 weeks before it actually started showing license plates/car logos/brand logos properly on AMD gpus and so on.
There's a few more but I'd say as long as you don't play any of these games or don't care about the specific feature that's missing in them/optimization issues then the 6600xt being cheaper is an immediate buy especially since you're not sure if you want to bother with raytracing.

Back