Which one to choose? Tata Photon, Reliance Netconnect or MTS M-Blaze?

letmein

Skilled
Guys, I need a Mobile Broadband Service for my laptop. In all probability I will be needing this only for 3 months at the most, after which I will probably cancel my service.

I need speeds above 256 Kbps. I won't be downloading beyond 2-3 GB per month.

I will be purchasing from Delhi but using it in Bangalore.

So I have a few doubts. Whatever I choose it'll work all over India right?

Which service should I choose? Reliability is a big factor. Don't want signal conking off suddenly.

Is it necessary to buy the Modem? It costs from 2000-2500. Can't I just rent one?

If I choose 3GB plan on MTS, I'll have to pay 2k+ 798/month. But is MTS reliable?

Reliance...haven't looked into their plans, have had bad experience with their mobile services. :mad:

Tata is offering several plans - Tata Photon Whiz, Tata Photon Plus and Tata Photon Pro. Which one to go for? :huh:

Or some other company?

bsnl is the only company which will give you internet card on rent ... if you want to use only for 3 months I will suggest to go for bsnl(also in 750 Rs, they are giving unlimited download)..

however I am not sure about the bsnl EVDO network strength in Bangalore. You can look out

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

or you can buy some old reliance or tata card as well. I have used Reliance and its good in terms of network strength and speed.(used in Gurgaon and Ludhiana)

pepps3484 said:
bsnl is the only company which will give you internet card on rent ... if you want to use only for 3 months I will suggest to go for bsnl(also in 750 Rs, they are giving unlimited download)..

however I am not sure about the bsnl EVDO network strength in Bangalore. You can look out

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

or you can buy some old reliance or tata card as well. I have used Reliance and its good in terms of network strength and speed.(used in Gurgaon and Ludhiana)

But BSNL won't work in Delhi. That's what a quick Google search tells me. :(

I have used Reliance and Tata, imo reliance net connect + is the best.

they have flexible plans and good speed in many cites.

dont even think of mblaze, it is pathetic.

CeDrIc said:
IMO Tata Photon + is the best. Have been using it in my office, and has never given me any connectivity issues.

buddy which plan r u using is it a unlimited dwnld ( pls specify details ) n whats ur view on photon whiz .is it worth buying :) thnx in advance :hap2:

i m fully satisfied with rel netconnect plus its working better than my wired internet n i never got speed lees than 512kbps
dont compare reliance mobile servies with netconnect
coz there customer support is better

I Just got Tata Phton Plus.
what a wonderfull experience... The speed is awsome..
I live in that part of Delhi where Broadband providers like Airtel and Reliance refused to provide any wired connection because they dont have connectivity in this area.

So had to go with a wireless broadband connection. To my surprise TATA phton + is giving me more than what i expected.... Although the pan is not unlimited, but still got a very fair deal.. 10GB per month @700/- ... Thid is the corporate plan that TATA is offering to Corporate Companiess..

sunnysibal said:
I Just got Tata Phton Plus.
what a wonderfull experience... The speed is awsome..
I live in that part of Delhi where Broadband providers like Airtel and Reliance refused to provide any wired connection because they dont have connectivity in this area.

So had to go with a wireless broadband connection. To my surprise TATA phton + is giving me more than what i expected.... Although the pan is not unlimited, but still got a very fair deal.. 10GB per month @700/- ... Thid is the corporate plan that TATA is offering to Corporate Companiess..

Holy crap! 10GB at 700? This just might swing me towards Tata. Did you they approach you through your company? Or did you demand a corporate discount while buying it? And how much the modem cost?

harshkhorwal said:
@ letmein

rocking , firstly where do u live bro . secondly can u help me grab my hand at one . thnx in advance . hoping 4 a + response

What?:huh: I need to buy one myself. If I decide on Tata I'll probably buy through Croma or something. :huh:

letmein said:
Holy crap! 10GB at 700? This just might swing me towards Tata. Did you they approach you through your company? Or did you demand a corporate discount while buying it? And how much the modem cost?

Well I already told that TATA is offering this Plan to Corporate Companies.
The cost of Modem is 2400 inclusive of all taxes

Get in Touch with Tata people, and get the plans by telling them which corporate company you work for, etc.

May be they could come up with some good plan for you.

I have personal feedback of Photon (my friend uses it) and Reliance Netconnect ( I use it).

Photon :-

Lots of connectivity Issue.

Plans costlier than Reliance.

Speeds under par

Reliance :-

Connectivity issues at times in the sense that it shoots down from 3.1mbps to 230kbps for a while (few minutes) and then gets back to its 3.1mbps.

Cheapest for Unlimited Plans when compared to rest of the 2.

Billing and all other things are organized.

Oh yes some of the sites were blocked by Reliance rencetly..

Back