Budget Above 40k which phone to buy?

I got the S22 ultra, since I love Android. I was seriously considering to get the 13 pro as my first iOS device, but looking at the teardown, repairablity and spare parts price, I kinda avoided it.

hello guys, need your suggestion on which phone should i buy?? iPhone 13 pro max or s22 ultra??
Can you wait till September? If so, wait for new iPhones. I recently moved back to iPhone (13) from OnePlus 8 and I am absolutely happy with the iPhone 13. If I have to buy one right now, I would close my eyes and pick the 13 pro max. If you do know the limitations of iOS and are okay with it, iPhone xx Pro Max is the best you can have. Integrate it with Apple Watch, iPad, Apple TV and you have a brilliant ecosystem of products. I have shifted to these and will soon get the Apple TV (once I buy a proper TV, currently using a PC monitor as TV).

In short, buy the iPhone if and only if you are going to dive into full Apple ecosystem of products. If you use Windows PC, Android TV and non-Apple watch, iPhone will be like a lone wolf struggling to co-exist among these.

If you have been Android user entire life and love the customization and ROM options it gives, you will hate the iPhone.

Though the S22 Ultra is a great phone, there are few problems with it that you have to know and live with:

1. That curved display is not easy to maintain. You cannot apply normal tempered glass. UV ray tempered glass is not safe. If the UV gel goes into the speaker grill while applying, your phone speaker is dead for sure and you have to take it to service. Remove such glass is clumsy (when it breaks).
2. SD 8 Gen 1 is one of the worst Snapdragon chips (overheats, throttles while gaming). You wont notice performance drops but why pay for a SD gen 1 phone when it performs at SD888/SD870 level in real world.
3. S21 Ultra has better overall photo quality. S22 Ultra is better if you want to take lot of heavily zoomed in photos.
4. At the end of the day, it runs Android which is becoming heavier and heavier and it also takes every ounce of your data.

I'd say iphone. Unless you have a specific reason to seek out android. Iphone 14 is supposed to launch with the same A15 that iphone 13 runs. So unless you're planning to shell out for iphone 14 pro or pro max, then go with iphone 13.

Seems like you're a fan of bigger phones. At that price point, I think iPhone 13 Pro Max is a better deal. Can't go wrong with Pro Motion + Camera + the general premium feel of an iPhone.
Also I think that S22 Ultra has a curved display. You might want to hold it in your hand see how it feels. It is not for everyone!

Depends on Android/iOS preference, usage, and whose design you like. Go to any electronic store to get an in-hand feel of both products and watch their reviews on YouTube. S22 Ultra supports the 45W adaptor. 13 Pro Max is costlier than S22 Ultra, you can get 256GB S22 Ultra at 1.1L, and 512GB at ~1.19L, whereas 13 Pro Max starts 128GB from ~1.30L. If you want iPhone, then wait till September for new models.

Back