Which provider to switch to?

I have Tata Indicom Internet, and according to my plan (Infinity 384), I can download / upload a maximum 70,000MB per month...

That means just 2,333.33MB per day.... That is absolutely nothing for me... I literally have to just stop all my downloading and download only the really necessary stuff and then I can keep it in control.

Also, I had a Rapidshare account so things were atleast slightly comfortable... but now that expired. So I am using torrents. and they are more troublesome because I have to upload for them too.. and as such they download slightly more than the actual size...

As a result, I have cut back a lot on my downloading.... even though these are my holidays (I just gave my 10th boards).

I am really frustrated with this thing, and I wanted to ask you guys... is there any other way out? Does some provider have a more lenient FUP? Does some provider have no FUP?

I heard that BSNL doesn't have one, but are they going to implement one or they will remain truly "unlimited" ???

Btw, I live in Nagpur, and if anyone knows of any good local provider.. then please let me know!

I have MTNL 512kbps UL for 1299 + tax. You also get 500 free calls.

The best part for you is that upload is also 512kbps in this plan. So your ratio's will be maintained much easily.

Though don't expect ~60KB/s up + down simultaneously.

I have seen ~55KB/s max down along with ~30KB/s up.

Oh I just saw ur in nagpur, so I guess bsnl would also have a similar plan. check with them.

though I should also warn you that mtnl has pretty useless Customer support and troubleshooting.

lazygarfield said:
I have Tata Indicom Internet, and according to my plan (Infinity 384), I can download / upload a maximum 70,000MB per month...

That means just 2,333.33MB per day.... That is absolutely nothing for me... I literally have to just stop all my downloading and download only the really necessary stuff and then I can keep it in control.

Also, I had a Rapidshare account so things were atleast slightly comfortable... but now that expired. So I am using torrents. and they are more troublesome because I have to upload for them too.. and as such they download slightly more than the actual size...

As a result, I have cut back a lot on my downloading.... even though these are my holidays (I just gave my 10th boards).

I am really frustrated with this thing, and I wanted to ask you guys... is there any other way out? Does some provider have a more lenient FUP? Does some provider have no FUP?

I heard that BSNL doesn't have one, but are they going to implement one or they will remain truly "unlimited" ???

Btw, I live in Nagpur, and if anyone knows of any good local provider.. then please let me know!

Correct me if I am wrong. With the speed you have, you wouldn't have been able to download much over 3GB per day in any case. So have you really been reaching the cap with your present connection?

Emil said:
Correct me if I am wrong. With the speed you have, you wouldn't have been able to download much over 3GB per day in any case. So have you really been reaching the cap with your present connection?

I can download 3.45GB per day... and I normally upload along with that too.... so, you can estimate my daily usage to be near to 6gb ;)

lazygarfield said:
I can download 3.45GB per day... and I normally upload along with that too.... so, you can estimate my daily usage to be near to 6gb ;)

Where are you located?
For broadband questions, your location is very important.

Emil said:
Where are you located?
For broadband questions, your location is very important.

I live in Nagpur. We don't have Airtel and MTNL here. BSNL, Tata and Reliance are the major players here....

And, the BSNL UL 512 plan is way too expensive for me... ~1485 bucks per month.. But the other option, BSNL UL 256 is way too slow and cheap ~ 820

I currently pay around 1120 bucks a month....

Back