Which Refrigerator to purchase ?

Praks

Skilled
Hi all,

I am looking out to purchase 2 door refrigerator for family of 2 persons. I had thought of 1 door refrigerator but none of them are frost free hence looking for 2 door refrigerator.

Kindly let me know points to be look out when taking 2 door refrigerators. Also suggest which company is BEST for 2 doors (200 to 250 Ltrs range)
refrigerators with features of good look from outside, freshness of things inside, No bad odour problems, THE MOST IMP Factor - Less power consumption ( More STAR BEE rating)

Please suggest me which model Refrigerator to take & approx price...

Also Tell your experience (Good/bad) with refrigerator you use at home.

LG GL245TT is what I'm using..! 4 star rating and consumes 455 units per yr according to the label it has.. Gross volume 230 ltrs. Bought it for 14K. Looks good too. And LG range of fridges do not need a stabiliser. Personally, I feel its very good. And if possible, get an LG 245LMF which has a 5 star rating and consumes around 380 units per yr.

For energy efficiency ratings, check this:
http://www.delhitransco.gov.in/EnergyEfficiency/FrostFreeRefrigerators.pdf

yeah.. even id suggest lg.. ta 5star one seems good!

although i use samsung.. but a couple of relatives of mine use lg.. an it looks good!

Asidxxx said:
sorry for the OT....but i need a 165lt one...wich one would be the best? also, whats the price range like?

LG again has good 175 ltr models, one of them with 5 star rating, and all of them not requiring stabilisers.. However, I think Whirlpool and Godrej also over good models at good prices for 165 ltrs types..

BF1983 said:
Sorry for the OT, but which refrigerator of approx 350l consumes least power ?

:mad: Check the link in my first reply dude...!! :D The file has the BEE energy rating of most models by most leading companies as on 29-02-2008. Interestingly, only a few of the LG models have 5 star ratings, while other companies' have a max of 4 stars.. :)

Edit: One samsung 345 ltr model has a 5 star rating.. Samsung RT34TVSS1/XTL. Find out if you get hold of one.. :hap2:

Edit 2: Got the link : RT34TVSS1 frost free - refrigerator SAMSUNG

kkishere said:
LG range of fridges do not need a stabiliser.
Built in ?

If so i wonder why they bothered.

Doesn't nearly everyone have a stabiliser for the fridge anyway ?

So when you trade-in you already have it from the previous one.

blr_p said:
Built in ?

If so i wonder why they bothered.

Doesn't nearly everyone have a stabiliser for the fridge anyway ?

So when you trade-in you already have it from the previous one.

Not sure how.. Even some Samsung models come with this feature..
Anyway, not all buyers are making a second purchase.. Most of the people buying fridges would probably be buying it for the first time.. :D So yes its useful and money-saving..

Interesting thread.... I have a 16 yrs old Sharp fridge which is now giving trouble. I need somethinh in excess of 300 ltrs. I hear brands like LG and Samsung have reduced prices but quality is much poorer for most electronic products.isnt it the same true for fridges too?...if so, what brand would be a safer bet?

Check out Toshiba's line-up. I bought a 385 litre two-door variant GR-M47UDA-IND (with automatic ice-maker) for ~30k. Its overall quality is far, far better than LG, Samsung etc. Hitachi makes some good fridges too.

tracerbullet said:
Check out Toshiba's line-up. I bought a 385 litre two-door variant GR-M47UDA-IND (with automatic ice-maker) for ~30k.

i've read that's amongst the first things to stop working, especially the ones that dispense without opening the door.

hehe.. i had one of those earlier.. geesh.. after a while it started malfunctioning an every time someone pressed the lever the freakin ice flow wouldnt stop.. hehe it got hilarious so many times with glasses overflowing and stuff..

whirlpool is not a good brand we have a 280 litre frost free fridge which just went bad out of the blue .
for no reason! and spares cost a lot .the cost of our fridge was 18k and we spet 5 k for the spares already.

go for LG or samsung i think is a safer bet.

Back