Android Which scratch/screen guard or Tempered Glass Screen Protector to go for?

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Looking for a good scratch/screen guard for my Xperia Z3 Compact esp. with Oleophobic coating.

Suggest any known brands to go for.

Last edited:
If you are someone who treats your phone with utmost care, I'd say no to any screen guard. Specially the cheap one's which tend to mess up the oliophobic coating on the glass. As long as your phone has gorilla glass, you'll need no screen guards. There will be extremely minuscule nicks and scratches which you'll never notice during regular use. They only blip up when reflecting off bright lighting.

Yes of course who doesn't treat expensive phones with utmost care?? Hence dont wanna mess up with its display at least.

I'm thinking of Tempered Glass Screen Protector which is easy to apply than those plastic screen guards.

Yes of course who doesn't treat expensive phones with utmost care?? Hence don't wanna mess up with its display at least.

I'm thinking of Tempered Glass Screen Protector which is easy to apply than those plastic screen guards.

Screen guards are actually very easy to apply. The tricky part is to get the holes perfectly aligned. Tempered glass is a good option, but it tends to protrude bluntly along the edges. So if your phone has a curvy glass that fuses into the bezel (like the Nexus 6) it's gonna irritate the life out of you :p

Also note that some phones tend to not get along with screen guards that have no cutouts for the proximity sensor

I already had screen guard on my old phone but i just received a brand new replacement phone from Sony due to some issue and I dont want to spoil the display hence the care.

Found these with Oleophobic coating but currently unavailable on popular sites....

Cronus-tempered-screen-guard-for-sony-xperia-z3

JED Premium Grade Tempered Glass Screen guard with Oleophobic coating.

Any other trusted sites to get these from?

Back