Camera Which Sony NEX5 version to buy ?

rads

Adept
Help me out guys .. looking forward to buying nex5 but i dont understand the difference between R, B K N models.

Budget is around 25 K

Well i would wait for the new models to hit indian shores,currently only the old 2010 NEX3 and NEX5 are sold in india but are within your budget.
The NEX-C3 a 2011 model is a good bargain camera as a newer better sensor with faster AF and if you want built in flash you have to go for the NEX-F3 which is 2012 model may just be over your budget.

The 2011 model NEX5n has touch screen and optional OLED evf and the latest NEX-5R has the phase detect AF+ touch screen+wifi+apps+ live view on any android phone.

Well i would wait for the new models to hit indian shores,currently only the old 2010 NEX3 and NEX5 are sold in india but are within your budget.
The NEX-C3 a 2011 model is a good bargain camera as a newer better sensor with faster AF and if you want built in flash you have to go for the NEX-F3 which is 2012 model may just be over your budget.

The 2011 model NEX5n has touch screen and optional OLED evf and the latest NEX-5R has the phase detect AF+ touch screen+wifi+apps+ live view on any android phone.

I doubt sony will introduce those models here.

Well they will have to since the old nex are getting out of stock in most places.I heard from a local sony store that they would launch new nex cameras around diwali.

Hope it's not the C3 they are talking abt.I am really interested in nex-5R if it's a decent upgrade to 5N.Also sony better release some e mount lenses in the indian market.lookin forward to the 35mm f 1.8 lens

Do we have 5N or 5R available in India?
I am not able to decide between PL3 with dual lens for 36k or PM1 with dual lens for 30k or nikon j1 with dual lens for 34k or sony 5k for 22.5k (don't know which one it is) if available or wait for canon M

The nikon is not worth it and is overpriced for what if offers.
All the models will be replaced soon by 2012 models,including the olympus EPL3 and NEX5.
The canon EOS M has mediocre AF slowest of all the mirrorless cameras,poor battery life compared to competition and just has 2 native lens .

As far as the 5N and 5R it will be launched around diwali.The current NEX 5 is over 2 years old but is still a better camera compared to the EPL3 which has a very very old m4/3 sensor..

If you have some one coming from states ask them to get one for you.5N can be had for as low as 21k-a real steal for that price considering the features it packs and the quality of images it produces.

Adder are you sure 5N/R will be launched officially in india ard diwali ? Earlier there were reports that sony is gonna launch nex 7 in india but that didn't happen.

Thats what i heard from the local Sony world store.The NEX-3 for eg is out of stock at majority of the places due to the cheap price and NEX-5 is also reaching the same status,so they must launch the new models.
NEX-7 is quite expensive i doubt it has the market in india ,it doesn't make sense for Sony to have them sitting in warehouses in india gathering dust.

Thanks for the help guys ..

But i changed my mind and got this baby ..

HhoGs.jpg

Back