Audio Which Stereo + Amp setup to buy amongst theses ?

I was looking at following combinations of Amp + speaker setup, any suggestions on which would be better, would be using it with my PC (40% movie, 40% music and 20% games)

1. Whaferdale 9/10 series + Marantz6003/6004

2. PSB Alpha 1 + NAD315

3. Monitor Audio M2/M1/Bronze + Marantz6003/6004

4. Lithos noa1 satellite and sub combination

On the higher side (Is it worth 20k higher over the above ?)

1. Monitor Audio BX2 + Marantz 6003

2. PSB Image B6 + NAD315/325

3.4. B&W 685 + Rotel Amp

techmaster said:
I was looking at following combinations of Amp + speaker setup, any suggestions on which would be better, would be using it with my PC (40% movie, 40% music and 20% games)

1. Whaferdale 9/10 series + Marantz6003/6004

2. PSB Alpha 1 + NAD315

3. Monitor Audio M2/M1/Bronze + Marantz6003/6004

4. Lithos noa1 satellite and sub combination

On the higher side (Is it worth 20k higher over the above ?)

1. Monitor Audio BX2 + Marantz 6003

2. PSB Image B6 + NAD315/325

3.4. B&W 685 + Rotel Amp
Well, it's all depends on the sound signature u are luking for. Have u auditioned any combo u mentioned above?

abhi_jollyguy said:
Well, it's all depends on the sound signature u are luking for. Have u auditioned any combo u mentioned above?

Not had a chance yet.....but am looking to do so in next 1-2 weeks, once I get some time of my work....

techmaster said:
Not had a chance yet.....but am looking to do so in next 1-2 weeks, once I get some time of my work....
then also someone has some sound signature in his mind and his liking towards the signature he's luking in the set-up so what's ur's?

OP, its always worth it to spend more, if you do your homework properly. :)

and i do agree that you got to have a signature in mind, what type of sound do you really want. it will be very easy to narrow your search down .

@OPL: Seriously, do your ears as well as your wallet a favor and go auditioning various equipment. This is a long and enjoyable journey, and believe me, its totally worth it. Discuss audio products in the forums to get an idea of the obvious features/price points/ownership experiences etc. But when it comes to actual purchases, go ahead buy what your ears suggest you. Just my 2 paisa.

As for the PSB Image, they are simply among the best at that price point. Go very well with the 325 as well. I'd also recommend taking a good look at the Paradigm Monitor Titans V.6 some nice punchy bass they pack along with a refined mid range although at times the higher mids overpower the initial range highs but overall the experience is worthwhile.

sarang said:
@OPL: Seriously, do your ears as well as your wallet a favor and go auditioning various equipment. This is a long and enjoyable journey, and believe me, its totally worth it. Discuss audio products in the forums to get an idea of the obvious features/price points/ownership experiences etc. But when it comes to actual purchases, go ahead buy what your ears suggest you. Just my 2 paisa.

As for the PSB Image, they are simply among the best at that price point. Go very well with the 325 as well. I'd also recommend taking a good look at the Paradigm Monitor Titans V.6 some nice punchy bass they pack along with a refined mid range although at times the higher mids overpower the initial range highs but overall the experience is worthwhile.

Thanks sarang, will surely audition before buying and will check out the Paradigm Monitor Titans, any idea where would they be available in Mumbai ?

Back