Car & Bike Who else is waiting for Mitsubishi EVO?

T110001

Disciple
Its been two year since the official announcement of EVO, now the date has been pushed into 2010.
For those of us who dont know Mitsubishi EVO (that i highly doubt), its faster than a Porsche 911 Carrera S which cost 74 lakhs here, while EVO is expected to land somewhere in 20-25 lakhs.

I hear the Nissan 370z is expected, and that would probably be a compelling alternative to the Evo X. I highly doubt the Evo will be below 30L as well.

Lets see,

respectable model goes for 34k USD, @48INR/USD is comes out to 16.32 lacs. As HM plans to import the completely build car so that attracts 101.91% import duty,

Spot on global Moderator, 33 lacs.

Its the weak INR to USD, that bulged it out from 25 to 33 lacs.

Nissan 370z and EVO are class apart, 370z gives the impression of being fast, its 2 door roadster, while EVO doesnt, its a 4 door sedan. EVO can be used for family holiday and weekend racing.

I have driven a Evolution IX, so i know 33lacs isnt too much for an EVO, if you can pay 23 lacs for a CRV. I know they are not the same, its just that i hate CRV for its price, otherwise i love it.

Ha! the date has been pushed into 2010 now?!!?

WTH is wrong with you Mitsubishi??

I was seriously considering the Cedia Sports around Diwali last year, when I asked the pretty cool and knowledgeable dealer about the EVO. He told me with a lot of confidence that the EVO won't come to India until at least 2011, even 2012! Take that! He said that Indians still look for a family car even when buying a Big Ass sedan or SUV, and that is why the EVO won't do that well in India.

All that maybe bullcrap, but there is a ring of truth in it.

Oh and I had to finally buy the Civic 1.8V MT because my dad was bankrolling it. :)

I hope its not 2012, by then i wont be in a condition to buy mad car like EVO.

Nice choice, Civic is one car that supports its price. But you know something, i will do quite literally run rings around your civic in my EVO.

The only car that i can trade for EVO will be BMW M3, but thats over 80 lacs, for that i will have marry some rich asshole, probably a politician so that i dont ever get speeding tickets.:)

T110001 said:
Its been two year since the official announcement of EVO, now the date has been pushed into 2010.
For those of us who dont know Mitsubishi EVO (that i highly doubt), its faster than a Porsche 911 Carrera S which cost 74 lakhs here, while EVO is expected to land somewhere in 20-25 lakhs.

imoprt one and be happy.........it will cost a bit less i guess:hap2:

Who will fix it, when i eventually smash it?

i have friend who has an imported Ford Mustang, its nothing more than a nice show piece because its always waiting for spares to arrive. EVO sucks bigtime when it comes to reliability, i will never be able to enjoy an imported EVO because i will always be worried.

Ask that to my 80bhp i10,

EVO X has 300 of it, combined with 2L turbocharged engine. It lets you set it up in the maddest possible manner, i am quite sure on some setting, some turn, some speed it will under-steer, i will end up upside down in a ditch :(.

Well I've been hearing EVO is coming for the last couple of years. However no sign of it arriving. I've given up hope now :(. If it comes, it surely will be my next car. I've also gotten bored of asking the chaps at HM about the EVO. If it comes, I'm first in line to buy.

I think HM is waiting for current lancer to actually evolute to EVO.

Annoying questions

@EVO owner
some friend : how many CCs? OR Maruti has best service network.

@370Z owner
some uncle : Beta itna kharcha kiya to badi gaadi le leta...:(:(

@ any one who owns anything better than Alto
There are no roads in India for faster cars (OR bikes)...

I hate these guys.:mad::mad::mad:

Well, from what I've heard the EVO is definitely on in the next 2 quarters, BUT I've heard of prices hovering around the high 30s and low 40s, not the 33lakh bracket. :) (This is from HM's top brass).

Yes, they do not expect to sell more than a double digit number throughout the year and you'll have to be a truly rich auto enthusiast to buy one - obviously, since it is basically the normal Lancer on steroids of every manner and it won't give you any "status" in society. :D

What I do know is that the Evo will arrive before the new Lancer which is expected to be priced around the Laura's bracket. Some dealers around India have been notified of the Evo already but they do not believe in the product at all.

As for the Evo vs 370z, well it's a nonsense comparison. Yes, they are similarly priced but have completely different bodystyles. The Evo lets you have crazy fun at the wheel while giving you the chance to make 4 other passengers motion-sick while yer at it, but the 370z is a way smaller vehicle. The Evo is truly the madman's saloon! :D

Anyhoo. I'd love a MiVEC Lancer atleast. :)

Payne

Back