Android Who is buying a Google Pixel (XL) ?

Which one are you picking up

• Pixel

• Pixel XL

• I am not buying this

Results are only viewable after voting.

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Now that the review, price and phones are out, how many of us are buying Pixel or Pixel XL?

Do we have any takers from TE at all?

Now that the review, price and phones are out, how many of us are buying Pixel or Pixel XL?

Do we have any takers from TE at all?
Who have that much extra cash lying around?.

128 GB is completely out of reach for everyone ..

I think s7 edge is great choice

I will wait for the prices to fall before picking one up.

I dont think I will pickup a Samsung product, I was never happy with their TouchWiz, and having used the S2/S3, I never understood their fascination to copy App.. I mean, another fruit company. Android can and will stand on its own merits. For the same reason, I buy Xiaomi devices and put CM on them ASAP.

Who have that much extra cash lying around?.
Anyone willing to buy a high end (aka iPhone/Samsung S7) could spare 57K for this phone. Agreed to the fact that its over priced at the moment by 8 to 10K, but still its an awesome phone if you are fine with a not so special design.

I cant wait to leave this S6 Edge for good. Battery is a real pita and I am getting around 7 hrs for a single charge on 4G.

I dont think I will pickup a Samsung product
<----- This. I wont pickup another Samsung bloatwarehouse.

s7 edge looks a better vfm choice than the pixel which is quite ugly as well . Looks like a iphone wannabe
Definitely looks more of an iPhone knock off but doesnt mean its ugly. Again, looks is about perception though i personally would have loved to see a thinner bottom bezel as it doesnt have any physical switches or reason to be a little longer than my liking.

So my decision had 4 things to consider -

For -
1) A true google phone - no corner cuts like Nexus devices
2) A high end with everything in place as I like it in terms of specs and size

Against -
1) Bezel little longer than I would like - Design issue
2) Battery backup for Pixel

Since battery backup was reviewed positively and was said to have better life than whats advertised for S6 even on paper and as I am fine to overlook that bezel a little coz a black colored device will anyways ensure its not so ugly after all, I went for it.

Price and waterproofing dint worry me much though I would still say it should be priced atleast 7 to 8K less

Last edited:
Im getting the pixel 128gb. Always wanted the luxury of the iphone (looks not that good, but has UFS 2.0 internal memory, fantastic touch display, etc) and android with regular updates. Plus, that amazing camera. With the exchange offer for my aging Htc One M8 and SBI 10% discount, the price was more palatable.

Last edited:
Back