PC Peripherals Whole day wasted at lammy

smsrohit

Disciple
Since a month i was planning to go to lamington road for
1) Benq 1640
2) Seagate 200GB PATA HDD

No dealer had any of these, they all inquired at their intercom, but only 250Gb was available.

first stop was Computer Selection, where he first tried selling me a MAxtor HDD,
which i was least interested in, then he over quoted the price for seagate 5300/-, then when i told him that my friend TechHead :bleh: had got the same for 4600/- then he agried to sell me that at 4600/- , but the stock was not there, I was suprised to find that Prime also did not had the stock for seagate, even though it is the official dealer for seagate, cassette world also didn't had it, [ cassette world doesnt deal in BenQ Drive ].
The number of shop i Enquired in for seagate and BenQ, i would have definately created a lot demand for these product at the stockist level :hap2: any way , i think i would have to waste another day probably the coming week, for these product at the Lamington road.

Hi smsRohit,
Why dont u take the cards of the shops you visit and call them up to find out if what you want is available.
Will save you a lot of time.
Try it out;)

XTerminator said:
Hi smsRohit,
Why dont u take the cards of the shops you visit and call them up to find out if what you want is available.
Will save you a lot of time.
Try it out;)
I did called comp selectionand prime, a day back, he sad he had one, even today he said he had one, but i guess the problem is on lamington road , the retailers get the stock from some dealer located close by, becoz all of them call on their intercom, to few numbers, to find the price and availability of the product, so if the dealer doesn't has the product then, they dont have it either.

chic_magnet said:
i`m going this tuesday to lamington road to ask for the dvd writer and also chk out bike stuff hmm..
Call me, maybe i will come along....

Also, smsrohit, if you do find the HDD update the price u got it here for.

tell me bout it...I wasted 2 hrs today at R.street lookin for a Thai made media (DVD-R) called Konco on which I got some awesome burns.....

A frnd of mine had passed em on to me who had bought just 10 of em (15/- each) as he wasn't too sure of the quality :mad:

Yup.

4 Members of the V-Street team wasted 2 whole days waiting for the Server to arrive. First day. They brought everything @ 2 but Montherboard came @ 7.

Then we realised they didnt bring the 1U CPU Heatsink. So that came the next day @ 12.

We waited there till 7pm for them to assemble it.

Lammy sucks nowadays :(.

We got it from R.K. Infosys.

Back