iOS Why Apple doesn't talk RAM, battery size, or clock speed

iphone se’s battery for sure is bad even at that price point. however that’s not the point of the phone. it’s a budget iphone aimed at light users offering a very good experience for the price. great camera, fast phone, 5 years of support.

personally if i had only the budget of an iphone se and used phones are out of consideration, i’d get an android phone for the same price. small screen with low res and small battery just won’t cut it for me. i wouldn’t even consider an se. so yeah choose what’s good for you.

and why are you comparing the lowest prices iphone and a flagship android phone?

@msankadi

Well I too have heard SE battery isn't great. But you saying they don't mention specs is because people would know how bad specs are compared to Android which will go against them is not totally true.

Please understand, people upgrading to a newer iPhone are mostly existing users so for them apple clearly tells X increase over last year or something. They never say what is battery size and instead they mention in terms of real life usage like 10 hours of video watching on iPad and such.
Also many a times apple will actually play down battery capability and have lesser than actual usage time advertised.
Like for apple watch, they say it has "all day battery" but I used to only recharge my apple watch every 2 days even after wearing full day (with 3.5 years usage, now I have to charge every night).

For someone coming from android and looking at only specs, that person Is just uninformed and has absolutely no idea about iOS optimization and anything. I won't even blame them since they are all the life only accustomed to comparing specs as they directly correlate specs with better performance (which is true) but then when they say latest iPhone only has 4GB RAM, it must have crappiest performance since their android has 8GB and whatnot, completely disregarding that iPhone does not run android but iOS.

I had been contemplating picking up a MBAir for some time now, but I am a very stubborn Windows 7 user. Also, it doesn't help that I won't be able to upgrade anything on the new ones, which is a big big no for me. The best thing to happen though is, that maybe, finally, it will push Windows and Intel/AMD/Qualcomm to look seriously into ARM territory for PCs as well. Frankly speaking, for me, the advantage of extra battery life that ARM offers, means nothing as my laptop is always used with a charger, even when I had a MBAir in 2013.

Problem with all other manufacturers is that they will not think twice before adopting the worst practices of apple like headphone jack removal and now charger removal but will take their own sweet time to adopt something good Apple does.

iphone se’s battery for sure is bad even at that price point. however that’s not the point of the phone. it’s a budget iphone aimed at light users offering a very good experience for the price. great camera, fast phone, 5 years of support.

personally if i had only the budget of an iphone se and used phones are out of consideration, i’d get an android phone for the same price. small screen with low res and small battery just won’t cut it for me. i wouldn’t even consider an se. so yeah choose what’s good for you.

and why are you comparing the lowest prices iphone and a flagship android phone?

Haha which world are you living in? pixel 3a is flagship android model?s10 e is flagship android in 2020?

Thankfully they didn't compare it to 4a which would have wiped the floor with se phone even harder

Camera, battery, screen etc. compared to pixel 4a, there is no comparison whatsoever.

4a is priced the same as se 2020 and is much better at everything apart from the raw specs of the processor . Haven't seen any reviews saying pixel 4a lags. The powerful processor is anyways meaningless as the small battery apple has put in se is unable to take the load. Maybe if it is used plugged into the wall or battery pack all the time, it can be useful

Last edited:
@msankadi

Well I too have heard SE battery isn't great. But you saying they don't mention specs is because people would know how bad specs are compared to Android which will go against them is not totally true.

Please understand, people upgrading to a newer iPhone are mostly existing users so for them apple clearly tells X increase over last year or something. They never say what is battery size and instead they mention in terms of real life usage like 10 hours of video watching on iPad and such.
Also many a times apple will actually play down battery capability and have lesser than actual usage time advertised.
Like for apple watch, they say it has "all day battery" but I used to only recharge my apple watch every 2 days even after wearing full day (with 3.5 years usage, now I have to charge every night).

For someone coming from android and looking at only specs, that person Is just uninformed and has absolutely no idea about iOS optimization and anything. I won't even blame them since they are all the life only accustomed to comparing specs as they directly correlate specs with better performance (which is true) but then when they say latest iPhone only has 4GB RAM, it must have crappiest performance since their android has 8GB and whatnot, completely disregarding that iPhone does not run android but iOS.
I wonder if they did advertise iphone se saying it lasts longer than the previous iphone. Did they actually say 3 hours video playback and outperform it by giving 4.5 hours video time? Were apple users in such a bad state earlier that they actually thought that the se has a better battery life to what they were using?

Back