Why no thread for Diego yet!?

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
I know there are many football fans out here...did you guys completely forget this man? Agreed he was not really a role model, but what he did with the football was and still unreal!!
Come on guys, show some respect to the true Prince of football...people with fabulous YouTube/ Google skills...please post some rare videos..
I've all the respect for Messi, Christiano etc. But man, on his days, this guy was true God level..hope he is in peace now...
Please don't make it a Messi vs Maradona thread, they are polar opposites in every way including their incredible talents.
We've 2 Argentines working in this hotel, one of them refused to take off his no 10 Argentina shirt while on duty and he plans to do it for a month!!
I've seen crazy cricket fans in India, but this guy is beyond crazy for Diego...since I'm sitting jobless for close to a week now, spending a lot of time with Pablo, he showed me some remarkable practice videos of an overweight Maradona...even in that physical state, his skills are INSANE..if these were YouTube videos, would think of them as 100% fake.
But I'm pretty sure these are genuine and some are practically impossible!!
I love football and used to play pretty regularly before this covid thing with local kids almost every evening.
Plan to resume it in Africa...can't wait...

Last edited:
Saddened to hear about the passing away of a legend. Still hard to believe, God of Football passed away. :disrelieved:
Rest in Peace Diego Maradona! You shall be missed.

I know there are many football fans out here...did you guys completely forget this man? Agreed he was not really a role model, but what he did with the football was and still unreal!!
Come on guys, show some respect to the true Prince of football...people with fabulous YouTube/ Google skills...please post some rare videos..
I've all the respect for Messi, Christiano etc. But man, on his days, this guy was true God level..hope he is in peace now...
Please don't make it a Messi vs Maradona thread, they are polar opposites in every way including their incredible talents.
We've 2 Argentines working in this hotel, one of them refused to take off his no 10 Argentina shirt while on duty and he plans to do it for a month!!
I've seen crazy cricket fans in India, but this guy is beyond crazy for Diego...since I'm sitting jobless for close to a week now, spending a lot of time with Pablo, he showed me some remarkable practice videos of an overweight Maradona...even in that physical state, his skills are INSANE..if these were YouTube videos, would think of them as 100% fake.
But I'm pretty sure these are genuine and some are practically impossible!!
I love football and used to play pretty regularly before this covid thing with local kids almost every evening.
Plan to resume it in Africa...can't wait...
I have seen Messi, Ronaldo and other world class stars of the current generation play and have massive admiration for them. I have never seen Maradona or Pele play on TV in any live games. Therefore, I do not know what the fuss is about.

You know why that Argentinian has refused to take off that jersey? It is because he has witnessed the phenomenon that was Maradona. But for the regular folks like me who haven't grown up seeing him play, this is just normal. No reason for us to jump on a sentiment that we don't know much about :p

I appreciate sports personalities for their athleticism and contribution to entertainment. I draw the line at them being treated as demigods. But yeah, fond memories of watching him on a black and white tele.

I have seen Messi, Ronaldo and other world class stars of the current generation play and have massive admiration for them. I have never seen Maradona or Pele play on TV in any live games. Therefore, I do not know what the fuss is about.

You know why that Argentinian has refused to take off that jersey? It is because he has witnessed the phenomenon that was Maradona.
This guy was born in 1986!! That's the difference between Messi and Maradona in an average Argentinian football fan's mind. It's fascinating..

Back