Other Why Sailfish is better as a modern OS? Here is a comparison

Soyab0007

Gamer
Adept
Ever since Sailfish is known to us as an operating system not an actual “fish”, there were a lot of demos on YouTube; many people were literally amazed by the work of Finnish, some went: “This’ll be a failure like MeeGo-Harmattan” Which in fact wasn’t a failure and you’ll only know when you own a Nokia N9/50!

On one hand the truth is, that “if” MeeGo-Harmattan had a fair bit of support, none of this would have happened to it and we didn’t know what’s Jolla and Sailfish at the moment, on the other hand; if Nokia had supported Harmattan and we were satisfied enough, we probably were spending our time playing with Windows Phone UI as we were convinced that MeeGo is dead, and were using an old school back button! So thankfully, Nokia sort of gave away an unwanted opportunity for the creation of Sailfish!

So anyhow, Sailfish was born quite a while ago and we say it’s the most unique and practical yet beautiful operating system ever made for a smartphone. Yes it’s quite an ambition to say that in front of iOS, Android and quite amazingly WindowsPhone fans, I say quite amazingly because I recently found some real so called “fan-boys” around WP! But to be honest, I like ambition, because I always have reasons for my ambitiousness.

While we’re still on topic, I want to say that gesture based operating systems are catching up lately and even the old ones are bringing gesture based updates such as iOS, even Android applications like the new Viber, or Hangouts or even Facebook (Beta) are involved in the gesture war and quite frankly, it started with WebOS from Palm but defined cleanly by Harmattan on the Nokia N9.

So, back to the ambition, today we’re going to compare Sailfish to as many operating systems as we can starting with the main rivals which has roughly the same age as Sailfish.
Source:
http://www.jollausers.com/2013/07/why-sailfish-is-better-as-a-modern-os-here-is-a-comparison/

little doubts regarding jolla.they are saying jolla phone is having a dualcore processing and hd screen.but it runs smooth on n9.is there any official announcement for jolla supporting n9.

Back