Wide Eyed!

vb86

Adept
I've been wanting to get this lens for ages now. I use a Nikon D90 with the kit lens 18-105mm. Finally, I just got the lens in my hand. I couldn't wait to put the pics up. Since I'm in my office and don't have my camera right now, I've clicked these pics using my mobile. Sincere apologies for the low res pics. High quality pics will be uploaded later if required.

So, the lens is a Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX (Nikon Mount). It's basically a 11-16mm f2.8 (constant) lens. I'm actually quite against third party lenses, but, in this case, I just had to make an exception.

The other option was the Nikon 10-24mm f3.5-4.5 DX lens. Not only is it way more expensive, but, the Tokina is actually better, and, f2.8 is another plus point.

Btw, can someone please recommend a nice filter for protection purposes. It shouldn't be thicker than 5mm. The filter size is 77mm.

Here are the pics:

Thanks. Damages were HKG$ 4380. My friend who bought it, paid using his credit card. His bank charged him Rs. 27390. I paid him the same today. His next flight to HKG is on the 16th. Might ask him to get me a filter if I cant find a good one here.

Back