Budget 0-20k Wifi adapter recommendation

Ssreek

Adept
I have B450 Tomahawk MAX mobo in my pc. It doesn't have inbuilt Wi-Fi.

I was using Ethernet cable till now and it never gave me any trouble in downloading / streaming. But now I cannot use this option anymore.

Budget is below Rs.2.5k. I have a 100 Mbps connection and will upgrade to 200 next year.

I am looking at few options:
  1. Tplink T4U USB Wifi Adatper
  2. Tplink T4E Pcie adapter
  3. Tplink Archer T5E AC1200
Also, let me know whether to go for usb or pcie.

I think option 3 makes most sense as it combine ac wifi with bluetooth. If you wanna be even more futureproof, id look into wifi6

go for the tp-link T4E PCIe adapter, which has Bluetooth too.
USB adapters I have had so many issues with them including driver issues and signal issues so strongly recommend against them.

I'm using https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Wireless-Adapter-Archer-T2U/dp/B07P681N66/ on the same motherboard (not that it matters) but it works great for speeds upto 400Mbps. Range is excellent too.
As for PCIe or USB, totally your choice. If you'd like to use it on different machines definitely prefer USB.

If your want absolute best in a bit more range then https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Bluetooth-802-11AX-Archer-TX3000E/dp/B07YVNM1WX

Thanks for the info. How are you getting such speeds with T2U plus? That's wonderful. But my router and pc has a atleast 12 feet and 1 wall.

Is the Tplink AX3000 really worth such a price? It's like 3.3k.

USB adapters I have had so many issues with them including driver issues and signal issues so strongly recommend against them.

This is the single reason I didn't buy the usb wifi adapter (Tplink T4U). Some people say they disconnect often or overheat. Only pro is they can be used with different devices.
Thanks fr the info.

Thanks for the info. How are you getting such speeds with T2U plus? That's wonderful. But my router and pc has a atleast 12 feet and 1 wall.

Is the Tplink AX3000 really worth such a price? It's like 3.3k.
With the distance you say you won't be able to get 200Mbps across the wall and such far distance even at 5Ghz.
For me I'm in the same room as my router so I'm able to get those speeds without much loss on 5Ghz.

AX3000 is only worth the price because of wifi6 and bt5.0 if you're into that.

As for your point about USB wifi adaptors having signal issues that's only with the most cheap ones without external antenna. I bought the one with the antenna for this reason.

1616188326313.png
1616188358111.png

Here are couple screenshots. Drivers are supported OOB in win10. Range is excellent even on my extended routers which are 10 feet away and 1 wall in between.
All SSIDs after the first 4 are outside my house which I'm not aware of still decent range.

With the distance you say you won't be able to get 200Mbps across the wall and such far distance even at 5Ghz.
For me I'm in the same room as my router so I'm able to get those speeds without much loss on 5Ghz.

AX3000 is only worth the price because of wifi6 and bt5.0 if you're into that.

As for your point about USB wifi adaptors having signal issues that's only with the most cheap ones without external antenna. I bought the one with the antenna for this reason.

View attachment 102501View attachment 102502

Here are couple screenshots. Drivers are supported OOB in win10. Range is excellent even on my extended routers which are 10 feet away and 1 wall in between.
All SSIDs after the first 4 are outside my house which I'm not aware of still decent range.

So as per this case, the Tplink T2U plus and T3U plus both have big antennas. But T4U being the higher end model and costlier, has a smaller antenna compared to the other ones.
Does it mean T4U is inferior to T3U plus?

So as per this case, the Tplink T2U plus and T3U plus both have big antennas. But T4U being the higher end model and costlier, has a smaller antenna compared to the other ones.
Does it mean T4U is inferior to T3U plus?
Certainly not, T4U would probably be better because of USB3 transfer speed capability and better antenna. It's not necessary that a longer bigger antenna is better.

Word of caution: if you use Linux/Ubuntu, don't buy the Netgear ones. I have a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 and it was a struggle to get it to work with Linux. After running a bunch of commands, it's still occasionally buggy.

get intel Ax210 it supports wifi 6e .thats way much better and future proof

this products are original ,not sure on the antennae gain , but intel chips are original

And every wifi chip on consumer motherboards are intels AX200 and killer chips too are intels

Last edited:
get intel Ax210 it supports wifi 6e .thats way much better and future proof

this products are original ,not sure on the antennae gain , but intel chips are original

And every wifi chip on consumer motherboards are intels AX200 and killer chips too are intels

Why you suggesting sites from where we cannot order anymore?

Why you suggesting sites from where we cannot order anymore?
who says that they still claim they can deliver , yo always have an option to chat with seller prior to placing an order , i did get an ax200 prior to covid and the senders address wasn't china ,they have their ways to send their stuff and never said buy from aliexpress , i suggested a good future proof option

Bro you mean imports are blocked?
From China esp. Aliexpress.
who says that they still claim they can deliver , yo always have an option to chat with seller prior to placing an order , i did get an ax200 prior to covid and the senders address wasn't china ,they have their ways to send their stuff and never said buy from aliexpress , i suggested a good future proof option
You can but when custom realize its from China then good luck.. Its a hit or miss luck.

I have a T3U mini, coupled with a Netgear R7000, the other PC was 2 rooms away and I used to get 580-620Mbps connection speeds. I'd also get full 300Mbps internet and would get close to 40MBps when moving files from one PC to this one thru wifi. I'm happy with it

Back