WiFi Router around 2k - Is N13 still the best option?

Santa Maria!

Disciple
Ok, so before last week, I had zero knowledge of anything related to routers. After a few days of scanning these forums, it seems the N13 is popularly recommended.

I've also read that the N13 is a bit old now. And all the recent reviews for it on Flipkart seem negative for some reason. I don't know if these things matter, but I'm just stating my observations.

As for my use case... currently I plan to use this with a MTNL 1Mbps connection which I will get soon. 1 laptop, 1 phone (occasionally) to be connected. For now, I will be in the same room as the router. But in say 6 months or so, I will probably shift to another place and want the signal to travel through at least 1 wall. I also want the router to be compatible with other providers such as Airtel/BSNL... if that's how things work.

Furthermore, I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that some routers can act as torrent clients as well, in conjunction with a USB hard drive. I would consider this a nice bonus in any routers you guys might recommend.

So... 2k budget, MTNL/BSNL/Airtel support, torrent support bonus.
What say thee?

For your range requirements any N150 wifi router will suffice. You already have a modem so only the wifi bit is needed. But i have not seen a N150 router with USB support.

If you want torrent support then you need a router that can handle optware packages. There are over a thousand packages in optware, transmision is just one of them. So you can do much more than just torrents.

This means a router that supports either tomato or dd-wrt. N13 supports dd-wrt and is still the cheapest out there.

Last edited:
u bought rt n-13u or rt n-13u b1? and how is it going .r u happy with torrent downloading also which firmware r u using. thanks

Well, this is slightly embarrassing... Yes I bought the N13U B1, but it's still lying unused in its box. I had some issues getting address proof for a net connection at my rented accommodation, and after that setback, work-life caught up and I haven't had the chance to make another effort at getting a net connection.
At this rate, my warranty will expire before I even get a chance to use it for the first time :/

PS: Don't use sms lingo :)

Back