Wifi router on office network not working.

Jasku

Skilled
Ok guys, this is for my dads office, that already has a lan running there are about 6 systems and 2 laptops all of them have the lan sockets at their desks this is done thro a switch.

This lan is used for Internet sharing and file transfer, also all of them share the printer over the network.

So the Airtel connection is hooked to this one computer lets call it X and is being shared by all other computers.

Current setup

220Bx connected to X as a bridge, the ip is manually set to 192.168.1.5

The same computer X has another NIC card, which has an ip of 192.168.1.8

Now u turn on CCproxy, and configure all other computers in the network in the 192.168.1.xxx series, goto connections of the browswer, and set the proxy server to 192.168.1.8 with the rite ports and this works fine!

So I connected the router to the computer and the Beetel 220Bx to the router Linksys WRT54G2, but now if I set the ip manually to 192.168.1.5 thro the network connections, the internet doesnt work! IF i make it to automatically detect ip, then internet works on sysX and thro wifi, but does not get shared thro the LAN!

I guess because it interferes with the DHCP ip provided by the router, so guys pls tell me a way to setup the wifi and also share the connection over LAN pls!!

TIA

Which router are you using?? Connect your Beetel to the router's internet/WAN port. Make sure the LAN IP of the router is anything other than 192.168.1.x Maybe change it to 10.10.10.1 and uncheck the proxy server option for all the other computers. The internet should work fine after this.

Edrill said:
Which router are you using?? Connect your Beetel to the router's internet/WAN port. Make sure the LAN IP of the router is anything other than 192.168.1.x Maybe change it to 10.10.10.1 and uncheck the proxy server option for all the other computers. The internet should work fine after this.

sorry its a WRT54G2, but I would still need the other computers over the lan to share the internet via proxy server, right?

Nope. No proxy server needed once you have the router. Just set all the computers, including X to obtain an IP automatically from the router and your internet and file sharing will all work. You could give all the PCs a static IP in the range of the router to make file sharing easier using the IP addresses of each PC.

Back