Wildfire or Galaxy 3 (I5800) or Galaxy 5 (I5500)

dice

Recruit
Hello

This is the first time I'm gonna buy myself a smartphone and I've narrowed down my options to the HTC Wildfire, Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 and Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5, because I would like it to be an Android. I like the HTC the most, but I would like a second opinion on all this. I'll mainly use the phone for internet, watching vids and apps (emulation and writting my own), so I would like to know what is actually better when looking at performance, cpu speed or ram ?

I've also heard that the Wildfire has a not-so-good screen and because of It's resolution not so many apps work on it. Is this true ?

well among the 3 phones you mentioned galaxy 5 though cheapest has the best processor . wildfire has the most vibrant
community support but playing video might be a bit problem .
galaxy 3 plays videos k but community support is less then that for HTC devices. still since you mentionea you might go for programming its better to go for standard screen resolution like motor quench or se x 8 both going for around 13k on flipkart

Samsung Galaxy 3 without doubt, it's got better camera and most importantly better battery.

If you are a bit geeky and would do unofficial ROM installs then HTC is always a best option so you can go with Wildfire. Other than that there arnt much differences between those two, Galaxy 5's screen is bit too small for a smart phone :)

I can only choose between those 3 from where I come and this will be my first smart phone. When giving me suggestions about which one to get, could you please colaborate your decision since I really don't know which. I have 10 days until I get the money for the phone so I still have some time until I my mind.

On the other note, is the Wildfires screen really that bad ? I've never had a high end phone and was quite impressed from the screen of a Touch 2 which one of my friends has and reading from gsmarena.com the Wildfire has an even better one. But what's with the resolution problem, saying that most apps wont work on it ?

dice said:
On the other note, is the Wildfires screen really that bad ? I've never had a high end phone and was quite impressed from the screen of a Touch 2 which one of my friends has and reading from gsmarena.com the Wildfire has an even better one. But what's with the resolution problem, saying that most apps wont work on it ?

As someone said above, its not the screen itself, but the extremely low resolution. See, it may prove "just" about okay for your day to day needs, but the text may still appear pixelated. Specifically, Widlfire has QVGA resolution (240 x 320 pixels) and many apps on the Market do not support this resolution, hence the app usage will be restricted. Galaxy 3 is better, tho not by much margin. It supports WQVGA resolution (240 x 400 pixels), but at least app support is not compromised. If you are going to invest in a Android based Smartphone, there is no point in going for a device which restricts your experience, IMO.

I own a Galaxy 3 bought few days back. I have encountered a few problems, battery life is average, the battery charge shown in the home screen is wrong. There are call drops and network issues when you enable Edge/GPRS and applications set to autosync (gmail, ymail etc). If budget is not a constraint buy something better.

bobbyprajan said:
I own a Galaxy 3 bought few days back. I have encountered a few problems, battery life is average, the battery charge shown in the home screen is wrong. There are call drops and network issues when you enable Edge/GPRS and applications set to autosync (gmail, ymail etc). If budget is not a constraint buy something better.

yes sometimes samsung battery info may be wrong

to get correct info dial *#0228#

maybe it might be the problem with your operator

Back