Graphic Cards Will FSP SAGA II 350w support 5770

v.Na5h

Skilled
Check this link out

FSP >> PC Power Supply >> ATX 12V ver.2.3 >> APN,(85)

the 350w version has a dual rail 12v of 16a

and the 400w version has a dual rail 12v of 17a

so can i add a 5770 on this psu

i calculated using the outervision calc that without gfx card

my wattage for core i-3 system (at 100% load and 40% ageing) comes out to be

Minimum PSU Wattage: 181 W(which is the actual load)

Recommended 231 -this is 50+ of 181

add tdp 108 to 181 =290w (way below 350 even considering +50w and very high cap ageing that too at peak load)

now according to amperage theory,

the guy at guru3d says the it requires 40a amerage on 12v rail

source:

Radeon HD 5770 review

and now 500w ones gives 18+18 =36a (dual rail)

in that case even a 500w saga II will not suffice

now most of u would say to get the ever favorite, chubbly-bubbly, cutey pie, thousand award winning corsair vx450

check the below link

http://www.corsair.com/products/vx/default.aspx

Yeah have to agree that it has better efficieny , capacitors,sleeved wires etc etc
its 33a just 1a more than fsp saga 350w

now if 5770 requires 40a what must be the case of 5970 of the gtx stuffs

So now then can i believe that fsp is good to go

or iam i getting it all wrong!!!

The 16x PCI-E slot on the motherboard is able to provide about 75W of power. The PEG connector from the power supply provides the rest. The HD5770 can be easily powered with the FSP 350W PSU although I'd advise you to buy something better. Should you upgrade later, you need not bother changing the PSU.

^^ yea thats wat i needed anyways im not getting a graphics card

i just wanted to make sure that saga 350 suffice my needs coz many are suggesting to get 400w one(even though their 12v amperage is somewhat same )

btw some help here guys

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/help-one-day-at-lamington-171546.html

even if i get it it would be 5670, 5750 or gt 430,440 i mean the 5-7k ones

guys wat about gt 430 440 no news yet about their TDP.... anyway i think they would be under 100w hope fully

Are you asking a theoretical question or are you planning an upgrade?

PSU ratings are meaningless, because manufacturers have no restrictions on the conditions in which it is measured and for how long.

The only thing that matters is performance in the real world, and unless someone you know specifically uses a 2K '400 watt' power supply with a 300 watt system consumption recommends it to you, you should stay away. I know I would - all PSUs are in their 'sweet spot' between 50 and 70% of load, and should not be run beyond those limits for extended durations. With the expensive stuff, what basically changes is the duration for which you can run them full tilt.

If you have further technical questions, I would be glad to answer. The Saga series is probably competent for low-end systems, but once you get into a system load crossing around 200 watts, it is wise to consider a power supply capable of running heavy loads for extended durations. Remember that you have to allow for fault conditions and reduction of output.

BTW your calculation of 290 watts is 82% loading, which means a headroom of 18% at peak load. That is pretty close to danger limits for cheap PSUs, even for relatively short durations.

I would recommend you look at a PSU that loads up to about 50% with your current system. Done that way, the PSU will live through a couple of GPU upgrades and a bit of overclocking as well, and also giving you the freedom to add a few more peripherals later. You should be drawing 5Amperes out of a 6Ampere wall socket in your house, so why are you considering doing exactly the same thing with your PSU?

i think he has already made a decision, this thread is just to make a point that FSP Saga II 350W is the ultimate vfm psu and cx400 etc are overpriced POS for features like extra long sleeved cables(apparently).

atleast that is all the difference he sees as per his previous posts all over relating this rig.

heck even the ONLY difference between saga II 350W and vx450 is of 1A over 12V between ...as per him.

v.Na5h said:
now most of u would say to get the ever favorite, chubbly-bubbly, cutey pie, thousand award winning corsair vx450

check the below link

http://www.corsair.com/products/vx/default.aspx

Yeah have to agree that it has better efficieny , capacitors,sleeved wires etc etc

its 33a just 1a more than fsp saga 350w

Back