PC Peripherals Will I Get My Logitech MX Revolution Replaced?

sam9953

Adept
Hi guys, my father bought a Logitech MX Revolution from France for me, and after nearly 2 years of usage the mouse is next to dead, with a spoilt copper plate charger and lots of trouble with the left click.

So my question is as the warranty for this product is 3 years, is the warranty applicable in India even though the product was never launched here and is not even mentioned in Logitech's Supported Products , So can I still get it replaced and if yes then how do I get it replaced ?

I doubt it. The MX Revolution has been End-of-Life for a few years now. I have been using mine for the last 5 years and dread the day it will stop working.

A couple of things that might help.

1) The charging - Use an eraser to clean the contact points (on the charger and the mouse). That should improve the ease of connection.
2) Left click problem - Use some compressed air to blow into the area around and under the buttons.

Is the left click issue related to the left click not getting registered at times or sometimes the left click turning into a double click?

The left click problem has plagued Logitech mice for a while now, mostly due to the switch assembly which has been said to be sub par especially for a mouse at this price range. I had an MX Revolution which I used for around 2 years and was lucky not to encounter the left click problem. Upgraded to a Performance MX, which I'm currently using, and faced the left click problem recently just after about 2.5 years of usage. If the MX Revolution uses the same click assembly as the Performance MX which I suspect it does, and if you are somewhat adept at DIY repairs you may try the following fix. It worked for my Performance MX and now its left click behaves as good as new.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-mouse-with-double-click-problem/

Found a video on how to open up an MX Revolution :

As for the charger, is it the charger base which is spoilt or the terminals on the mouse?

I doubt it. The MX Revolution has been End-of-Life for a few years now. I have been using mine for the last 5 years and dread the day it will stop working.

A couple of things that might help.

1) The charging - Use an eraser to clean the contact points (on the charger and the mouse). That should improve the ease of connection.
2) Left click problem - Use some compressed air to blow into the area around and under the buttons.

As suggested by you, I tried using an eraser on the copper part of the mouse but it didn't make much of a difference and using the eraser on the charger is not possible because the contact points spring back as soon as they are pressed. Actually the connection is giving problem because the copper part of the mouse has worn out because of usage.

For the left click problem, I didn't understand how do I blow compressed air? Could you please expand a bit?

Is the left click issue related to the left click not getting registered at times or sometimes the left click turning into a double click?

The left click problem has plagued Logitech mice for a while now, mostly due to the switch assembly which has been said to be sub par especially for a mouse at this price range. I had an MX Revolution which I used for around 2 years and was lucky not to encounter the left click problem. Upgraded to a Performance MX, which I'm currently using, and faced the left click problem recently just after about 2.5 years of usage. If the MX Revolution uses the same click assembly as the Performance MX which I suspect it does, and if you are somewhat adept at DIY repairs you may try the following fix. It worked for my Performance MX and now its left click behaves as good as new.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-mouse-with-double-click-problem/

Found a video on how to open up an MX Revolution :

As for the charger, is it the charger base which is spoilt or the terminals on the mouse?

The left click issue is such that the left click does not get registered at all, I have to press the left click quite a few times for it to be recognized by the computer.

As for the charger, the terminals on the mouse have got worn out because of usage, see this photo.

DSC_0644_zpseb09a95c.jpg

As you can see in the photo the contact terminal has got somewhat rusted and the particular part where the mouse charger gets touched with the contact terminal has got spoilt, so I face a lot of problem in connecting the charger with the mouse.

As for the left click problem tutorial, I saw the youtube video and it requires contact cleaner, doesn't it? I don't have that, is there any other alternative for it?

Infact now it seems that both right and left need to be pressed at least 10 times so that they get recognized by my computer. So it seems, both the clicks have problems.

Last edited:
Back