Budget 51-70k Will laptops with nvidia 30xx gpu's be up for sale ?

Based on the pattern of discounts from previous years, is there any realistic chance that laptops with atleast nvidia 30xx gpu's will be up for sale for around 60k during bbd and prime sales in July-August?

3050 - very likely
3060 - unlikely but not impossible
So, around a reduction of 8-10k from the current prices?
Last year Prime day sale was in July-August. It will happen around the same time this year. Any idea about the BBD sale this year? Need to buy another laptop at home but can work with jugaad if the two months wait will be worth it.

3050 - very likely
3060 - unlikely but not impossible
An MSI GF65 with 3060 was 70k, I think it had 70W 3060 though. So maybe that will drop in price further, but MSI doesn't have a good name for laptops.
So, around a reduction of 8-10k from the current prices?
Last year Prime day sale was in July-August. It will happen around the same time this year. Any idea about the BBD sale this year? Need to buy another laptop at home but can work with jugaad if the two months wait will be worth it.
BBD happens just before Diwali, so not a 2 month wait. There will be another sale in June/July, maybe pick whatever good is on sale at that time.

An MSI GF65 with 3060 was 70k, I think it had 70W 3060 though. So maybe that will drop in price further, but MSI doesn't have a good name for laptops.

BBD happens just before Diwali, so not a 2 month wait. There will be another sale in June/July, maybe pick whatever good is on sale at that time.
Right now needed to order one more unit of this at home https://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilio...ore=search.flipkart.com&pageUID=1653862349655
Found this so asked about sales https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09SKV8TXD Any more option like this one with 30xx gpu in this budget?
Have they revealed ki gta vi ke liye which gpu will be minimum needed?
Lenovo is providing more warranty+adp free as compared to hp

Right now needed to order one more unit of this at home https://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilio...ore=search.flipkart.com&pageUID=1653862349655
Found this so asked about sales https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09SKV8TXD Any more option like this one with 30xx gpu in this budget?
Have they revealed ki gta vi ke liye which gpu will be minimum needed?
Lenovo is providing more warranty+adp free as compared to hp
For GTA VI, no idea. I will say keep desktop GTX 1060 as minimum requirement. On laptop front, RTX 3050 is similar in performance but gets short on VRAM. PS4 & Xbox One will likely not be supported, with XB One X, Series S & PS4 pro being minimum. PS5/XB SX GPU is close to RTX 2070S like performance, so like a full power RTX 3070 with MUX switch on laptop front. So RTX 3050 is the best option for budget gamers.

That Lenovo laptop has one SSD slot which is short, 2242 vs 2280. So expanding that will be a pain. Also 4 core CPU, better to have 6 cores.
Try to get this:
https://www.amazon.in/HP-Processor-16-1-inch-Graphics-16-e0350ax/dp/B09RX2S3C8/
Check review by Jarrod Tech for Victus.

Last edited:
For GTA VI, no idea. I will say keep desktop GTX 1060 as minimum requirement. On laptop front, RTX 3050 is similar in performance but gets short on VRAM. PS4 & Xbox One will likely not be supported, with XB One X, Series S & PS4 pro being minimum. PS5/XB SX GPU is close to RTX 2070S like performance, so like a full power RTX 3070 with MUX switch on laptop front. So RTX 3050 is the best option for budget gamers.

That Lenovo laptop has one SSD slot which is short, 2242 vs 2280. So expanding that will be a pain. Also 4 core CPU, better to have 6 cores.
Try to get this:
https://www.amazon.in/HP-Processor-16-1-inch-Graphics-16-e0350ax/dp/B09RX2S3C8/
Check review by Jarrod Tech for Victus.
+ @DrkLord

Are rtx 2060-2070 etc.superior than the 30xx series? Laptops with these gpu's cost a lot more than the latter.

Laptops with rtx 3050 are atleast 13-14k expensive than the laptops with 1650 model as of today. 3050 or greater gpu is just needed for the gta vi which might be released between april 2023-march 2024 and 3050 or higher gpu is just based on speculations. What do you advice here? Can wait and do the needful for 2 months with jugaad. The budget is 60-65kish including an additional ssd+ram which needs to be purchased separately. There are chances that a laptop with 3060 might be possible then in this budget after 2 months in Prime and Independance (this sales will be after 2.5 months from today) day sale.

Rtx 1650 is equivalent to which dekstop gpu?

+ @DrkLord

Are rtx 2060-2070 etc.superior than the 30xx series? Laptops with these gpu's cost a lot more than the latter.

Laptops with rtx 3050 are atleast 13-14k expensive than the laptops with 1650 model as of today. 3050 or greater gpu is just needed for the gta vi which might be released between april 2023-march 2024 and 3050 or higher gpu is just based on speculations. What do you advice here? Can wait and do the needful for 2 months with jugaad. The budget is 60-65kish including an additional ssd+ram which needs to be purchased separately. There are chances that a laptop with 3060 might be possible then in this budget after 2 months in Prime and Independance (this sales will be after 2.5 months from today) day sale.

RTX3050 is a decent gpu and is expected to pull you through next gen game with med specs for a another year or 2.
However, if you can wait and budget is fixed between 60-65k. I will advice you to wait.
3060 will become available for that price . I see price dropping already.

Rockstar is very good with optimising their games... I have seen people running gta5 in very old machines too. I had hard time believing it when i saw it running on old laptops. dont remember the exact specs.
They want to reach out to as many gamers as possible. I think GTA games make more than Avatar movie also ...I am talking billions so they dont mind getting it optimized to bear minimum system.

Dont worry about GTA much if you can get hands on 3050 . it will be fine too. Beside it is still over a year away . You can never really say how things might go in tehcnology .
But still best advice would be wait if you so want to be sure and if possible even add some more to that budget and get a good display laptop too .

RTX3050 is a decent gpu and is expected to pull you through next gen game with med specs for a another year or 2.
However, if you can wait and budget is fixed between 60-65k. I will advice you to wait.
3060 will become available for that price . I see price dropping already.

Rockstar is very good with optimising their games... I have seen people running gta5 in very old machines too. I had hard time believing it when i saw it running on old laptops. dont remember the exact specs.
They want to reach out to as many gamers as possible. I think GTA games make more than Avatar movie also ...I am talking billions so they dont mind getting it optimized to bear minimum system.

Dont worry about GTA much if you can get hands on 3050 . it will be fine too. Beside it is still over a year away . You can never really say how things might go in tehcnology .
But still best advice would be wait if you so want to be sure and if possible even add some more to that budget and get a good display laptop too .
Thanks. But can they optimise a new gen game like that available for gpu's without ray tracking like mobile 1650, desktop 1060?

Thanks. But can they optimise a new gen game like that available for gpu's without ray tracking like mobile 1650, desktop 1060?
I do believe so but cannot say for sure.

All i know is Rockstar is best especially when it comes to GTA in optimizing their games for lower specs.
GtA is billion dollar business and when you have such a big fan base you cannot neglect gamers on budget .
it is simply stupid and bad business.

I do believe so but cannot say for sure.

All i know is Rockstar is best especially when it comes to GTA in optimizing their games for lower specs.
GtA is billion dollar business and when you have such a big fan base you cannot neglect gamers on budget .
it is simply stupid and bad business.
GTA , Crysis etc were games which had set the graphical standards .People try to align their GPU purchase when newer version of aforementioned games launch . i don't mind a bit of higher GPU recommendation as these games have thoroughly enjoyable with respective to gameplay ,visuals an longevity. They are pushing the boundaries and setting new standards.

With respect to software /game development i totally agree with the point that you have mentioned of game being optimized.

Rockstar too will be interested in providing best experience to their existing PS5 ans XBOX owners , PC gamers from rtx 20 series might be covered.

+ @DrkLord

GTX 1650 +30% = RTX 3050
3050 + 10% = 3050Ti or 1660Ti (all 80W, but 3050Ti suffers from 4GB VRAM but 1660Ti lacks DLSS)

Laptop 3050 80W performs similar to desktop 1650 Super or 1060 or RX580. Laptop 1650 is 10-15% slower than desktop 1650 which is slower than RX 570 as well.

I feel RTX 3050 laptop is worth the extra 15k over 1650 as your laptop will run games smoothly for longer.

Use this for rough idea:
Gaming high end (2).png

Control is a GPU heavy game. All DDR4 RAM laptops need 2 sticks for best performance. 3050 80W will be a bit inferior to that 1660Ti, 3050Ti will be very similar.

GTX 1650 +30% = RTX 3050
3050 + 10% = 3050Ti or 1660Ti (all 80W, but 3050Ti suffers from 4GB VRAM but 1660Ti lacks DLSS)

Laptop 3050 80W performs similar to desktop 1650 Super or 1060 or RX580. Laptop 1650 is 10-15% slower than desktop 1650 which is slower than RX 570 as well.

I feel RTX 3050 laptop is worth the extra 15k over 1650 as your laptop will run games smoothly for longer.

Use this for rough idea:
View attachment 135392
Control is a GPU heavy game. All DDR4 RAM laptops need 2 sticks for best performance. 3050 80W will be a bit inferior to that 1660Ti, 3050Ti will be very similar.
Very nicely explained.

I think if more AAA games start having dlss features than 3050 can turn out to be solid value for money investment.

As dlss can easily add 10-20fps on most games.

It is still upto game devs.

@DrkLord @OMEGA44-XT @solo_wing @burntwingzZz

- https://www.flipkart.com/dell-g5-15...7pg9xo5poc1s1654114907584&qH=d7686db6220aedcd does it make sense to let go of the processor 5600H to 4600H when the gpu is increasing from 1650 to rx 5600m? This is the other model https://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilio...ore=search.flipkart.com&pageUID=1653862349655

- The above dell laptop as mentioned on fk is 14.96 inch but as per yt reviews it is 15.60 inch. Not able to find this specific model on their site https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/gaming-and-games/sr/game-laptops/g-series Any heads up?

- Also as per some YT videos this laptop has a slot for 2.5 inch sata ssd whereas some say that it has two slots for m.2 nvme ssd and others say that it uses the smaller ssd (what is that called?) than a nvme. Please help

- Again from the YT videos, this laptop has 4x2 ram sticks and as it is dual channel so it is recommended to have 8x2 sticks rather than 16x1. Please explain this part

- With which nvidia gpu is the rx 5600M equivalent to? Does this have the nvidia equivalent of ray tracing and dlss?

- I can hardly find laptops with nvidia 20xx series gpu's and 1660 gpu's. Why is that so? And why are laptops with 20xx series costlier than 30xx series?

- https://www.flipkart.com/dell-g5-15...7pg9xo5poc1s1654114907584&qH=d7686db6220aedcd does it make sense to let go of the processor 5600H to 4600H when the gpu is increasing from 1650 to rx 5600m? This is the other model https://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilio...ore=search.flipkart.com&pageUID=1653862349655

-

- I can hardly find laptops with nvidia 20xx series gpu's and 1660 gpu's. Why is that so? And why are laptops with 20xx series costlier than 30xx series?
I will not be able to answer much on most of the specs questions you asked as my knowledge is also limited.

I could talk about 3050 because I bought one a d my research and understanding at that time was that it is decent for next 1-2 years with some small compromises..

as for 1650 vs rx5600m.

RX5600m is little better. Like 10-20% better . Edit: my bad I meant 5500m was about close to 1650.

5600m is like @OMEGA44-XT mentioned close to 1660(which is very capable GPU)

I Have started to see major drops in GPU and have a feeling that 60-70k you will soon be able to grab a very robust system.
just keep looking out and have a spec ready for yourself . Like okay I will not buy anythin less than 3050 or 3060 and in cpu 5800h ...something like that.
so that when you see a good deal you know what you going for.

otherwise if you really in hurry then just go for best your budget allows .

there is too much confusion with buying laptop these days .

even the 20xx being costlier than 30xx ..I know it has to be former being more powerful but why they name it in such a way that it only creates confusion in normal consumers mind. For anyone constantly following GPU market it may not be hard but not everyone is that deep into it.

I will let other more knowledgeable folks answer your questions .

Last edited:

- The above dell laptop as mentioned on fk is 14.96 inch but as per yt reviews it is 15.60 inch. Not able to find this specific model on their site https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/gaming-and-games/sr/game-laptops/g-series Any heads up?

- Also as per some YT videos this laptop has a slot for 2.5 inch sata ssd whereas some say that it has two slots for m.2 nvme ssd and others say that it uses the smaller ssd (what is that called?) than a nvme. Please help

- Again from the YT videos, this laptop has 4x2 ram sticks and as it is dual channel so it is recommended to have 8x2 sticks rather than 16x1. Please explain this part

- With which nvidia gpu is the rx 5600M equivalent to? Does this have the nvidia equivalent of ray tracing and dlss?

Review for Dell one. It is a hot laptop though. Use a cooling pad/laptop stand & update to latest BIOS (apparently this reduces GPU power draw to keep temps in check).

Watch review for storage.

Add 2x8GB RAM sticks to it as it is apparently 2x4GB (some support this config, I have been against it for few years now as 8GB capacity is not a lot, esp with 2GB RAM blocked by AMD iGPU). So another 6k investment.

5600M is close to 1660Ti, great find. Consider AMD GPUs to be like GTX ones, no DLSS & consider it as no RT. AMD has FSR which competes against DLSS, but FSR works on Nvidia GPU as well. So RTX still has an advantage.

20xx & 16xx are outdated, as simple as that. Since we have RTX 3050 under 70k on sale, I am not complaining.

Review for Dell one. It is a hot laptop though. Use a cooling pad/laptop stand & update to latest BIOS (apparently this reduces GPU power draw to keep temps in check).

Watch review for storage.

Add 2x8GB RAM sticks to it as it is apparently 2x4GB (some support this config, I have been against it for few years now as 8GB capacity is not a lot, esp with 2GB RAM blocked by AMD iGPU). So another 6k investment.

5600M is close to 1660Ti, great find. Consider AMD GPUs to be like GTX ones, no DLSS & consider it as no RT. AMD has FSR which competes against DLSS, but FSR works on Nvidia GPU as well. So RTX still has an advantage.

20xx & 16xx are outdated, as simple as that. Since we have RTX 3050 under 70k on sale, I am not complaining.
+ @solo_wing
Thanks to you both. Went to the official dell store, the guy was an acquaintance so I guess that he guided well. Here are the findings-

- This Dell laptop was released a year earlier than the hp 2004ax one, the link for this laptop is given in the above replies

- The Dell one has better gpu, which as per him is 30-40% superior than the 1650. But he said that if a game is optimised for 5600m then it will be optimised for the 1650

- He said 5600h processor is a significant upgrade over the 4600h. So, letting the 5600h go for a 30-40% better gpu doesn't sound good. Moreover as per him normal day to day tasks will use cpu so having a good cpu is a must

- The dell laptop with the same model was 15.60 inches screen which was available there with 60hz. Flipkart one is 14.96 inches with 120hz. He said that these days oems just change the colour and make them fk/az exclusive so he cannot say anything about this. How to be certain about this?

- If a single stick of 8gb is installed then the system won't be able to take full utilisation of 8gb. Dell has made it compulsory to install a stick in the second slot too. Wtf is this?

- He said that the system has slot for nvme ssd but again dell has made it compulsory to use same storage size ssd's in both slots. He was not allowed to open the laptop by his boss when we asked for the slot of the 2.5" ssd. In the first yt video posted in the quoted post what ssd is he talking about at 04:40? Is there any other video in which one is upgrading the ssd in this laptop? As mx 2.5 inch ssd is gold standard for 2.5 inch ssds, what ssd, nvme or any, is good for this laptop and how much does it cost?

- He said thermals are poor and many customers complain about the same who have purchased this model

- The hp 2004 is easily upgradeable then this Dell model

Lastly he mentioned that it is a very volatile market for laptops considering prices. He was also expecting the prices to fall but also he said that one news and the prices could also rise.

-

+ @solo_wing
Thanks to you both. Went to the official dell store, the guy was an acquaintance so I guess that he guided well. Here are the findings-

-Lastly he mentioned that it is a very volatile market for laptops considering prices. He was also expecting the prices to fall but also he said that one news and the prices could also rise.
Yes this whole budget laptop and mobile segment Reminds me of a dialogue of Irrfan Khan from movie Talvar " Machli bazaar bana diya hai"

In budget market of laptops many options available but none are offering much different. More or less same.
It is hard to decide.

Only when you go for 90k and above you really start seeing interesting stuff .

Anyways good luck with your laptop buying. Hope you find a good value laptop.

+ @solo_wing

- This Dell laptop was released a year earlier than the hp 2004ax one, the link for this laptop is given in the above replies

- The Dell one has better gpu, which as per him is 30-40% superior than the 1650. But he said that if a game is optimised for 5600m then it will be optimised for the 1650

- He said 5600h processor is a significant upgrade over the 4600h. So, letting the 5600h go for a 30-40% better gpu doesn't sound good. Moreover as per him normal day to day tasks will use cpu so having a good cpu is a must

- The dell laptop with the same model was 15.60 inches screen which was available there with 60hz. Flipkart one is 14.96 inches with 120hz. He said that these days oems just change the colour and make them fk/az exclusive so he cannot say anything about this. How to be certain about this?

- If a single stick of 8gb is installed then the system won't be able to take full utilisation of 8gb. Dell has made it compulsory to install a stick in the second slot too. Wtf is this?

- He said that the system has slot for nvme ssd but again dell has made it compulsory to use same storage size ssd's in both slots. He was not allowed to open the laptop by his boss when we asked for the slot of the 2.5" ssd. In the first yt video posted in the quoted post what ssd is he talking about at 04:40? Is there any other video in which one is upgrading the ssd in this laptop? As mx 2.5 inch ssd is gold standard for 2.5 inch ssds, what ssd, nvme or any, is good for this laptop and how much does it cost?

- He said thermals are poor and many customers complain about the same who have purchased this model

- The hp 2004 is easily upgradeable then this Dell model

Lastly he mentioned that it is a very volatile market for laptops considering prices. He was also expecting the prices to fall but also he said that one news and the prices could also rise.

-
HP Pavilion laptops are bad as well. Dell is not good either, but that is the case with all budget laptops. Jarrod reviewed HP pavilion gaming, check that.

4600H vs 5600H doesn't matter for gaming much. The jump in GPU will overcompensate & Jarrod has good fps number & comparisons with other laptops. I see no reason for a gamer to pick 5600H + 1650 laptop over 4600H + 5600M.

2.5" drives can be HDD or SSD. Jarrod was talking about M.2 SSD slots & that 2nd M.2 slot will be unusable with 2.5" drive installed.

FK has wrong specs at times, so 14.96" is a typo, such panel size is not made by any panel manufacturer. People have confirmed that it is a 120Hz panel that too with freesync in 60-120Hz range (search in google what freesync is, watch some videos, nice to have feature).

Dual channel RAM (2 sticks of RAM) provide some performance advantage over a single stick, noticeable with game fps. Again Jarrod has a video on that, look it up (single channel vs dual channel RAM).

I attached 2nd video to specifically address the thermals. Also recommended using a cooling pad or laptop stand. Disable CPU turbo boost, if needed. You are buying a budget gaming laptop, it will have some issues, heck more expensive laptops also have some sacrifices. No perfect laptop. Beware, you will have to spend time optimizing it. If this seems like a pain, get 1650 or 5500M Victus & live with that.

Ideally, I will recommend increasing the budget to 72k for HP Victus with R5 5600H + 3050Ti + 8GB RAM & adding 2nd 8GB RAM later. Else, live with that Dell G15 SE, keep its temps in check, enjoy gaming on it.

Also, I will blindly not trust any salesmen, most are liars. Some might be good, but yet to experience one, I mean it is their job.

Back