Will Wifi work for 2 flats on same floor?

Great, apollyon, do have the address or the contact nos of where I can pick this up.

I got the number of the Pune person from a member yesterday for Buffalo; shaileen patil 9890036679.

Guys, I managed to get hold of the Buffalo dealer in Pune but he doesn't have HP G54 only G54S, do you think this S model will work for my scenario.

raul said:
Guys, I managed to get hold of the Buffalo dealer in Pune but he doesn't have HP G54 only G54S, do you think this S model will work for my scenario.

NO..G54S is not recommended for 2 flats..u could buy two G54S' and use them in Bridge Router mode..as already mentioned by someone else here..

although i dont see why ur dealer cant source the WHR-HP-G54..!! if he has the G54S, then he should have the former as well..
did u try contacting the Delhi HO..?

Guptaji, OK the dealer was trying to fob me off with the G54S, first he told me he doesn't know when he will get H54, shortage and stuff and bla bla bla, but I held my ground and now he's said he will get it by Friday so cool. Saturday I can try out the setup. I will definitely need your help then. Thanks.

Hi Guys, typing this from my wifi connection. I couldn't wait anymore and got the G54S from the Pune dealer - the HP G54 is expected next weekend - though at a steep Rs.2600 while its available for Rs 2100 in Bbay.

However the good news is its working surprisingly well throughout both houses. I just tested in all the rooms in both houses and the connection is very good. I had thought I would need to get the HP G54 which is more powerful and slightly more expensive at 3600 but this is working ok and I am surprised and happy.

A big thinks to Guptaji for taking time out and giving me detailed help.

The buffalo is currently on my pc desktop and the signal is available in the next house all over. I suspect the g54s version works because broadband connection is so slow anyway so even if the signal is poor, 256 kpbs is no big deal. Maybe if we have megabyte connections like abroad could face problems.

Guptaji are you using the stock firmware or tomato? Any advantages of using tomato and stuff. I love tinkering but since this is working ok, I really shouldn't but you know how it is.

Also I can't access my airtel modem on 192.168.1.1, the wifi router is on 192.168.11.1. At the moment the wifi router setup is default and working ok. The airtel beetel is in bridged mode as always with dhcp enabled, I used to use raspppoe from xp before the wifi router. Is there any particular way I should set this up?

raul said:
The buffalo is currently on my pc desktop and the signal is available in the next house all over. I suspect the g54s version works because broadband connection is so slow anyway so even if the signal is poor, 256 kpbs is no big deal. Maybe if we have megabyte connections like abroad could face problems.
dude..more than the network speeds, its the coverage area that matters. as u rightly said, a 256 kbps connection will hardly be a bottleneck even at minimal network connectivity..but its a good thing that u r gettin good coverage with the G54S.saved ur money that way

Guptaji are you using the stock firmware or tomato? Any advantages of using tomato and stuff. I love tinkering but since this is working ok, I really shouldn't but you know how it is.

Also I can't access my airtel modem on 192.168.1.1, the wifi router is on 192.168.11.1. At the moment the wifi router setup is default and working ok. The airtel beetel is in bridged mode as always with dhcp enabled, I used to use raspppoe from xp before the wifi router. Is there any particular way I should set this up?

i'm still on the stock firmware..been thinking of flashing the tomato but havnt had the time yet. maybe later..but if u can then its definitely recommended.

have u forwarded ur ports u wanna use for torrents? also, have u set up the wireless security protocol?

Back