Windows 10 sign in caution !

Hi !
Just a small reminder to all windows 10 users sharing a small incident. Please create a separate admin account apart from your normal account. I had forgotten my pin and discovered its difficult to restore even using safe mode. Even resetting the system was giving something went wrong error. Luckily I guessed the pin right and saved my ass.
I remember the old days where it was so much easier to reinstall windows with data still accessible.

Hi !
Just a small reminder to all windows 10 users sharing a small incident. Please create a separate admin account apart from your normal account. I had forgotten my pin and discovered its difficult to restore even using safe mode. Even resetting the system was giving something went wrong error. Luckily I guessed the pin right and saved my ass.
I remember the old days where it was so much easier to reinstall windows with data still accessible.
Were you using your MS a/c for login?
Its always better to use offline/local user a/c with a set password.
None of the utilities will help you crack MS a/c issues when you arent even able to/access user a/c.

I set to login with my MS account so you could look into setting that up. Although if you were able to get rid of the bootloader and a full disk format Windows shouldn't generally make a fuss about it.

I could not login using fingerprint and only options available where login using pin. no option to reset. I could see one setup pin option but nothing happened when i clicked it.

Hi !
Use the phone login or any authenticator for your MS Account.
When ever I want to login into my MS Account it sents a prompt to my registered phone number so that after the prompt is accepted by me I login.

Something wrong with lenovo machine may be. I could only see error this message. Use pin to login and one option to setup pin but nothing happens when you click it. No option at all to use MS credentials. It can be a strange situation. I had kept wifi on but still no option on screen for microsoft login.

I guess need to keep other device login option on but it requires bluetooth on all the time if i am not wrong, I feel bluetooth draws lot of battery !

Something wrong with lenovo machine may be. I could only see error this message. Use pin to login and one option to setup pin but nothing happens when you click it. No option at all to use MS credentials. It can be a strange situation. I had kept wifi on but still no option on screen for microsoft login.

I guess need to keep other device login option on but it requires bluetooth on all the time if i am not wrong, I feel bluetooth draws lot of battery !
On a laptp if any of the devices are kept On always (wifi/bt) etc. then its onv ious it will keep drawing power. But win 10 has good power saving features which can be tuned further to save some juice. Or better to turn off the hardware completely when not in use.

Back