Windows 7 - internet suddenly stops working

salluks

Adept
i installed windows 7 few days back,

i have buffalo wirless+broadcom connected to my system.

my concern is my internet suddenly stops working, i get that alret symbol over the network icon.

when i switch off the modem and switch on again..it works fine..then after a couple of hrs, the same thing repeats.

initally i tought if the system remains idle for sometime this happens due to windows 7 power saving system, however i disable all this and it still happens.
what can be the problem?

I am not 100% sure but same thing used to happened with my D-Link router. But if I used to connect it using by Cable modem then it used to work fine. So I just deleted my router profile first and created a new one. Since then everything seems to work fine :)

P.S. Try testing it on your friend's router or hack a network that you might get from your neighbour's building :p

This happened to my friend too he gave up and went back to vista ! how do you delete the router profile?

Tell me as he wants to go back to Win 7.

i see it after 2 or 3 hrs after i switch on the modem, works fine till them

i have to switch off modem and switch on again and it again works for around 2 hrs!

i tried disconnecting the wireless and running only the modem..
it continuous to happen only on the modem too..any other suggestions?

i think it happens cos windows goes into sleep mode or something?

Sometimes when windows goes into sllep or power save or hibernate some hardware components (like card reader, usb port, wireless etc.) dont wake up until you restart.

Back