Windows 8 Time Sync issue

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Jun 3, 2007
Kalyan, Mumbai
I have been away for a while from the forum as I was very busy with work. Anyway I was experimenting with Mac OS ML 10.8.3 on my i7 system and it was working pretty well for a few day. But I had to format it and install windows 7 32bit to root my Micromax Canvas HD A116. This is all on a 500 GB Seagate Sata hard drive. I have windows 8 installed on a separate SSD.

Please note I did not setup dual boot of any sort as both Mac OS & Windows 7 was temporary installs, I had disconnected my ssd when installing either of the OS's & after install i connected the ssd back & use the UEFI boot menu to switch between the hard drives.

I've noticed that in my Windows 8 i have Time incorrect every time i restart / boot my computer. Its almost 5 - 6 hours ahead always. Some times after a few hours running on windows the time again forward itself without any reason. I have to manually do a re-sync of time every time my computer boots (annoying)!!

When I had MacOs installed I had added a "RealTimeIsUniversal" registry entry as suggested by a website on the internet. which had made the issue go away. But when i formatted the Mac OS & installed Windows 7 the issue came back and I cannot find anything that i do to make the time stick..

PS. Motherboard /BIOS time is always correct.[DOUBLEPOST=1367205048][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind guys I fixed the time sync issue when i deleted the registry entry "RealTimeIsUniversal" from Windows 8, I have checked it a few times yesterday & today and i am happy to say there isn't any issue with the clock any longer.