Prakhar Srivastava

Market Restricted
Patron
Hey guys,

I'm looking to acquire compatible parts for a gaming pc that can dual boot Windows 98SE and Windows XP natively without any hacks.

I'm open to buying (or donations of) multiples of the same components to build more than one PC.

This is since, in addition to a gaming PC that I want to build for myself, I have the need to have multiple functional Windows 98/XP systems for educational purposes.

Please let me know if you have any components that I could use.

Last edited:
What's your location? I think I have some really old hardware lying around, would have to look for it though. Seems to have gotten lost in a move. Also not willing to ship.

@calvin1719 hey, I'm based out of Bangalore but in Bhopal, MP at the moment. Does either of these places work? Let me know about the hardware you have lying around!
I'm in Delhi, but that's sort of moot anyway, no idea where the hardware is.
Why do you need dedicated hardware, if you don't mind me asking? If it needs to be XP/98, can't you just run VMs?

I'm in Delhi, but that's sort of moot anyway, no idea where the hardware is.
Why do you need dedicated hardware, if you don't mind me asking? If it needs to be XP/98, can't you just run VMs?
I'm primarily looking to run games designed for 98 and XP along with some old compatible hardware I have. 3D acceleration is essentially impossible for 98 in a VM (if the VM supports 98 at all). Plus, the hardware I have lying around has older connectors that aren't supported on modern PCs. Hence looking to run 98SE natively with supported components on a CRT monitor to go back to games I used to play as a kid.

lol wut. you said educational purposes in your first post.

Yeah, essentially as a footnote in a post that is titled 'Windows 98 Gaming Computer' :)

I and a few friends are looking to have some of these machines for old-school coding tutorials - Assembly/VB etc. hence the educational aspect.

Also, bump!

I have the following components lying around, were fully normal working ~1 yr ago, was my server machine:
Core 2 Duo E8400, 3Ghz
Gigabyte GA EP45 DS3 Board
4 Gig (2x2 GiB) DDR2-800 RAM
NV 7900GTX 512MB GFX

May not run Win98, but would this thing work for ya? Can test and verify them booting up. Windows XP was a dream on this machine back when...

I have the following components lying around, were fully normal working ~1 yr ago, was my server machine:
Core 2 Duo E8400, 3Ghz
Gigabyte GA EP45 DS3 Board
4 Gig (2x2 GiB) DDR2-800 RAM
NV 7900GTX 512MB GFX

May not run Win98, but would this thing work for ya? Can test and verify them booting up. Windows XP was a dream on this machine back when...
Hey, @Psycho_McCrazy, I'm mainly looking for 98 machines with official drivers right now. But please feel free to share your asking price over DM and maybe we can work something out. I do want to build an XP machine too but that's lower on the priority.

Found a board too for it.
Interested in the RAM, @chetansha if you're willing to sell just that

@Karthik G, replied

Hi,
I have the following set
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Asus A7N266-VM
256MB/512MB DDR Ram

This PC has official support for WIndows 98SE as well as Windows XP. The system was working 10 years ago and since then hasn't been powered on. Need to check if it is still working. I will do so if you are interested. Also, please mention how much you are willing to pay for it?

Hi,
I have the following set
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Asus A7N266-VM
256MB/512MB DDR Ram

This PC has official support for WIndows 98SE as well as Windows XP. The system was working 10 years ago and since then hasn't been powered on. Need to check if it is still working. I will do so if you are interested. Also, please mention how much you are willing to pay for it?

Hey, would you be able to test it and let me know if it's fully operational? Please DM me a price, if you have one in mind. Thanks!

I was finally able to put together all the pieces and powered on the system last night. And 2 capacitors on the board literally exploded immediately. Sorry mate, couldn't be of much help.

Back