Wireless headset primary for office calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer88

Adept
Hi all, title should explain the requirement.

Criteria:
  1. Very good quality mic
  2. Cost: ideally 1-1.5k but definitely <2k
  3. Decent to good battery life
I used to use a Ptron Rover and loved it, but on my new laptop there is a constant static /hum. I tried the latest Ptron Tangent ENC but the mic was sub par.

PS: I also own the Galaxy Buds Plus, my voice isn't the greatest for the opposite side.

TIA

Last edited:
Samsung Level U 2 is good recommendation provided the buds suits your ears.
Thanks for your reply, I forgot to mention (now updated in the OP) I have the Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus and my call experience has not been the greatest based on my voice quality for the opposite side.

Is the Level U2 much better for calls?

Thanks

Last edited:
Any luck? There are so many BoAt models with conflicting or paid reviews on YT it's impossible to decide on what to buy.

you will be really hard pressed to find a wireless headset with good mic at that price point.
TWSs struggle with maintaining a good SnR for voice because of the distance of the mic from the source - and the lowest cost TWSs that maintain acceptable call quality (on the other end) are at least 6-7K +
(Airpods 2 and Pixel buds 2 are good options)
Do be aware that most of the expensive TWSs also struggle with calls at the slightest hing of background noise - Airpods/ AP Pro and Pixel buds 2 are the only examples I have seen that do reasonably well at this.

Moving to a lower price point, Practically speaking, you have two options:

1) Get a good monopod like Jabra 45 - even though it is priced a bit above your stated budget, the mic quality makes up for it - as it should because it is designed for calls as its only use-case

2) Get a decent non TWS headset - i.e. the ones that have a wire connecting the L/R pieces - the mic placement on such headsets is a lot closer to the voice source and thus they fare a lot better than TWSs on call quality for the listener

you will be really hard pressed to find a wireless headset with good mic at that price point.
TWSs struggle with maintaining a good SnR for voice because of the distance of the mic from the source - and the lowest cost TWSs that maintain acceptable call quality (on the other end) are at least 6-7K +
(Airpods 2 and Pixel buds 2 are good options)
Do be aware that most of the expensive TWSs also struggle with calls at the slightest hing of background noise - Airpods/ AP Pro and Pixel buds 2 are the only examples I have seen that do reasonably well at this.

Moving to a lower price point, Practically speaking, you have two options:

1) Get a good monopod like Jabra 45 - even though it is priced a bit above your stated budget, the mic quality makes up for it - as it should because it is designed for calls as its only use-case

2) Get a decent non TWS headset - i.e. the ones that have a wire connecting the L/R pieces - the mic placement on such headsets is a lot closer to the voice source and thus they fare a lot better than TWSs on call quality for the listener
Thanks for your reply. Yes, my 5k Galaxy Buds Plus struggle with mic pickup, precisely for the reason you mentioned, too far away from my mouth.

The Jabra is well over my budget.

I'm perfectly fine with the non TWS. I was looking at the neckband ones, apart from having a better mic they should even offer a better battery life as the battery isn't crammed into such a small space?

Oppo M31 is good for music but OnePlus Z microphone is way better for calls.

There are several mic test videos and the difference in microphone quality on the OnePlus wireless Z is obvious. It's more open and natural, where as the Oppo sounds muffled and robotic.

Hi all, thanks for your suggestions and time. I had a Vijay Sales voucher and found Boat's newest 338 to have Qualcomm's CVC and AptX on them so I took the plunge and people have said my voice quality is good with no disturbance on Teams calls.

Thanks again, all.

@vyral_143 please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back