Wireless N USB adapter or Normal wired line - Suggestions needed

knoughtyd

Skilled
I recently had to shift my house and I was looking to avoid all the rewiring hassle that comes along with a new house and instead get a Wireless N USB Adapter.

I got Dlink DSL-2750U router for my desktop and it usually involves heavy broadband usage(2mbps UL connection).The location of my desktop is one corner of the room adjacent to the hall and the way to the room involves a passage from the hall. To give a brief overiew I have attached a image to represent the location.

[attachment=12854:Location.PNG]

Now the dilemma is if get a USB adapter then will it be able to catch proper signal from the wifi router and be reliable enough for all the heavy broadband usage as the wifi router would mostly be kept towards the right corner of the hall since that would where the landline would be or should I got for the hassle of getting a wired line
confused1.gif

If USB adapters would be reliable enough for the above situation then which one should I go for? Same brand(Dlink) or any other would do
Invision18.gif

Suggestions are welcome
happy19.gif

Attachments

• Location.PNG
    Location.PNG
    4.4 KB · Views: 93
If your really cant do wired network then get wireless N adapter for devices.

Lets say you dont get signal add a repeater as Asus RTN13U. I had the same dlink router was not satisfied with the range so got DIR655 and added a Asys RTN13U as repeater and connected to PC via wire and xbox wireless.

I do not stream via network but the network as such is stable.

A generic question (which might help knoughtyd as well) -

Can we add a router (as a repeater) of a different company? I have ASUS RT N13 as the main router connected to the modem and a Belkin N wireless router lying idle. Can I use the Belkin router as a repeater for the ASUS RT N13?

Question : Does the belkin have repeater mode? Asus certainely has.

Incase you want add a repeater make the belking the main modem and Asus the repeater.

I havent faced issue with mixing dlink and Asus.

Back