Wireless pods for Music + Office calls

Hi Folks,

I have been looking around for wireless pods for music (40%) + official calls (60%) use.
My requirements are:

1. <4k (can stretch a bit for something really good)
2. Call quality should be good (dedicated mic on each pods and noise cancellation would be great)
3. Receive and mute calls via the touch buttons of pods
4. Overall decent & balanced music quality (not focused on bass)
5. Touch based buttons (if possible)

Any recommendations or experience of what you are using during extended WFH for official calls and occasional music / netflix content ?

When you say pods, you need those totally wireless ones which go in each ear separately?

My reply won't help as I like neckband earphones better and my requirement was the earbuds shouldn't be like total in ear and something I could use in future when I resume office. I many a times watch tv shows while working at home on my tab so I got the Samsung level U as it has multi point and I am simultaneously connected to my laptop for teams / Skype calls and watching shows on my tab too.

When you say pods, you need those totally wireless ones which go in each ear separately?

My reply won't help as I like neckband earphones better and my requirement was the earbuds shouldn't be like total in ear and something I could use in future when I resume office. I many a times watch tv shows while working at home on my tab so I got the Samsung level U as it has multi point and I am simultaneously connected to my laptop for teams / Skype calls and watching shows on my tab too.

Yes I would prefer totally wireless units.

However, can you recieve / mute / hang calls with the controls on your neckband earphones? How is the call quality for both you and person on other end?

Yes I would prefer totally wireless units.

However, can you recieve / mute / hang calls with the controls on your neckband earphones? How is the call quality for both you and person on other end?

I have used these samsung ones only for teams and Skype calls. There has been no issues and people on other end never reported any issues but yes if the right end of the neckband (where mic is located) went under my tshirt they would have hearing issues.
I was actually contemplating buying the Apple airpods as I am already an iPhone user but since it is not multi point, I didn't buy it.

I may come across as one of those typical headfi audiofools, but trust me buddy, they (TWS) all sound like sh#t.
Though I've only access to Sennheiser momentum TWS and earpod pros and never had an opportunity to try anything else, both sounds absolutely terrible. Though extremely convenient ( specially the earpods even with a lowly iPhone XR) the sound quality is really bad.
My work scenario has become identical to yours and I truly tried to use QC35, but couldn't continue ( call quality etc. were usable at home, unless I'm not walking around) due to EXTREMELY poor sound quality and went back to my trusted wired headphones for music and use Alexa and Echo for phonecalls.
I'm an old person who can't hear anything from 15-17Khz, but still the sound quality pissed me off.
Outdoors, I can live with a crappy pair of very expensive BTNC cans, but at home no freaking way.
Personally I feel it's disrespectful to the musicians. If Tony Iommi doesn't sound like himself and gets entangled with Butler's bassline, if Bill's ghost snare hits are inaudible or feels like short rolls,it's just unacceptable..

Back