Within 2.1 SPEAKER,LAPTOP How To Fix/Install CREATIVE SOUND BOOSTER AUDIGY SOUND CARD

Pranav55

Disciple
I AM CONFUSED IF THIS SOUND CARD BE FIXED/ATTACHED IN ANY 2.1 SPEAKER/LAPTOP(without Replacing the Default Motherboard in Speaker or Laptop):jason:

While Googling I am Only Seeing these cards are being installed/Attached in CPU of PC:Comp8: not in Laptop/Speakers.
I will be Buying Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card For My 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System i.e.. EDIFIER C2 with LENEVO Laptop.
BUT I am Confused weather such Type of Sound Card(Printed Circuit Board) Can be Fixed within the Speaker Or not, And it has got 4 Ports. And If So then How.

Also Please Tell me if You Know Any better or other Model of SOUND CARD That Will be better Comaptable with Windows VISTA 32-bit, which Costs Not More than Rs. 2.5K, CREATIVE X-fi Series Costs Much More.:eek:hyeah:

Re: Within 2.1 SPEAKER,LAPTOP How To Fix/Install CREATIVE SOUND BOOSTER AUDIGY SOUND

Pranav55 said:
I AM CONFUSED IF THIS SOUND CARD BE FIXED/ATTACHED IN ANY 2.1 SPEAKER/LAPTOP(without Replacing the Default Motherboard in Speaker or Laptop):jason:

While Googling I am Only Seeing these cards are being installed/Attached in CPU of PC:Comp8: not in Laptop/Speakers.
I will be Buying Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card For My 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System i.e.. EDIFIER C2 with LENEVO Laptop.
BUT I am Confused weather such Type of Sound Card(Printed Circuit Board) Can be Fixed within the Speaker Or not, And it has got 4 Ports. And If So then How.

Also Please Tell me if You Know Any better or other Model of SOUND CARD That Will be better Comaptable with Windows VISTA 32-bit, which Costs Not More than Rs. 2.5K, CREATIVE X-fi Series Costs Much More.:eek:hyeah:
Mate, u need pcmcia sound card for your laptop. And these cards can be installed in motherboard slots alone and not in speakers. The pci card above pic can only be used with a desktop pc since its a pci card. moreover pcmcia cards are expensive than pci cards. I am not sure what pcmcia cards are available increatvie. U can check with a dealer. And u should have a pcmcia slot in your laptop to install it....

Re: Within 2.1 SPEAKER,LAPTOP How To Fix/Install CREATIVE SOUND BOOSTER AUDIGY SOUND

Or you could consider one of those USB Sound Card things though i dont know how well they perform :/

Here are Some of The Specification of My Laptop i.e.. LENEVO R61--->>[eviews.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-r61]

I don't know About PCMCIA Card but i got wikipedia So here i guess i have

1)Card Reader

Card reader type 4 in 1 card reader

Supported flash memory cards xD-Picture Card , SD Memory Card , Memory Stick Pro , MultiMediaCard

2)Audio Audio output type Sound card Audio codec AD1984HD Audio output compliant standards High Definition Audio Audio Input Microphone

3)Expansion / Connectivity

Expansion Bays 1.0 x Ultrabay Slim

Expansion Slots Total (Free) 1.0 ( 1.0 ) x Memory - SO DIMM 200-pin , 2.0 ( 1.0 ) x CardBus - Type I/II

Some Of the Images that I managed is get

2.1 EDIFIER C2 Speaker

So Bottom Line of my Query:huh: is that I want a Sound Card Which can be Permanenlt Attached to either of these[Laptop/subwoofer/it's Seperate Amlifier(c2 edifier)] SO That My 2.1 Speaker Have a Profound Effect... And I trust Creative, So Please Say""..:eek:hyeah:

Simply put, you cannot install the sound card in your first post to your laptop. If you want a sound card for a laptop, you need something like this: Amazon.com: Creative PCMCIA Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook Sound Card: Electronics (even this will work only if your laptop has a PCMCIA slot) or you need a USB sound card. Both of these are expensive than the routine cards which will be used in desktop PCs.
And, I'm not really sure how much of an improvement you will gain with a soundcard for a 2.1 system. AFAIK, the Edifier has a 3.5mm input also, which you can connect with your laptop's audio out socket.

ok SO Can't the Sound Card be Directly Installed/fixed to the Speaker only Like they are installed in CPU.

I think Woofer/speakers also have Some Mother board/Sound card... then if so Can't they Modified/ Improved To give them a Better Quality ??

Again, no. The sound card cannot be installed on to the woofer or speaker. You can search for mods to improve speaker sound quality, but I'm not sure what gain you will achieve.

OP,

As suggested by others, you can use either USB or PCMCIA cards (check slot) with your laptop. I don't think you will get any significant improvement in sound quality over onboard.
Still you want a sound card, then I will suggest Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go .

What's the reason for external sound card , are you not happy with the sound quality you are getting from c2's with onboard sound chip.

The sound card must be already Installed in your laptop you don't need any additional, the speaker amp will do the job & should give you good sound, have you tried connecting it to your laptop?

Actually I have Not Bought EDIFIER C2 Yet, But I was thinking Of Buying an additional Sound card Along With it So that It can Be a Perfect Match for A Profound Effect.
I Read Many People's Review, As By Adding a Good Sound Card They Had A superb SOund:clap: Comming Out of Speakers in relative way.... thats the Reason I Much Exploring Much Into this Subject

By exploring till Now I have Found Some Of the CREATIVE Sound Card Models Like--::
a)SoundBlater X-Fi Surround 5.1 External USB Rs. 3,675
b)SoundBlater Live 24 BIT External USB Sound card Rs. 2,730
c)Audigy 2 ZS Notebook Sound Card Rs. 5,775
d)Creative X-MOD sound card Rs. 4,200
f)Creative Labs Xmod USB Sound Card for PC & Mac Rs. 1920
e)Sound Blaster X-Fi Go USB Sound card Rs.1880
**X-fi Go is Mainly used for sound output from Headphones
But I want The sound card to Give Extra Effects to Speakers.... Talking about Much Extra Improvement
Because If I get Little improvement, It Will be a COMPLETE Waste!!:mad:

What all EXTRA do you need, the sound card driver will have enough options for effects.

A sound card over the inboard card is never a waste.

ranjan2001 said:
What all EXTRA do you need, the sound card driver will have enough options for effects.
A sound card over the inboard card is never a waste.

Ah!! I have visited the crative Site for Sound Blaster/Sound Card And I would Like You to Visit the Same :bleh:---->> CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER, SOUND CARDS
More Effects Like --- 3D sound effects, Revitalize compressed music and movies, 3D positional audio, Dolby Digital® decoding
So If Many More Such Types of effects they are Showing then What do you Say about extra Effects One Can Think off...:!

^^ looks more like marketing gimmick & how do you justify positional audio/surround sound with 2.1 speaker system

first you just try speakers with onboard sound , if you don't like then go for external sound card.

Pranav mere bhai.. u cant install PCI Card in your laptop.. however if u want an external sound card.. check out Creative's PCMCIA-Express Soundcards.. check out at creative's website.. they have them.. u do get audigy and stuff in PCMCIA-Express.. also check what ur laptop has.. the old PCMCIA or new one PCMCIA-Express? If its old then again its tough to find PCMCIA cards.. coz the new ones are PCMCIA-Express.

Also u can check with cheap china made PCMCIA Express Sound Card @ www.dealextreme.com. They are real cheap.. cheaper than dirt cheap :p.. free shipping to INdia but will take time (around a month). They arent branded.. just normal ones.. but good for the price.

If u can avoid C2 and all.. just get good headphones and use them. They'll be good even on its onboard.. normally onboard are also good, u just have to manully tweak them and set custom equalizer and then Aaall izz Whell

Pranav55 said:
Actually I have Not Bought EDIFIER C2 Yet, But I was thinking Of Buying an additional Sound card Along With it So that It can Be a Perfect Match for A Profound Effect.

I Read Many People's Review, As By Adding a Good Sound Card They Had A superb SOund:clap: Comming Out of Speakers in relative way.... thats the Reason I Much Exploring Much Into this Subject

By exploring till Now I have Found Some Of the CREATIVE Sound Card Models Like--::

a)SoundBlater X-Fi Surround 5.1 External USB Rs. 3,675

b)SoundBlater Live 24 BIT External USB Sound card Rs. 2,730

c)Audigy 2 ZS Notebook Sound Card Rs. 5,775

d)Creative X-MOD sound card Rs. 4,200

f)Creative Labs Xmod USB Sound Card for PC & Mac Rs. 1920

e)Sound Blaster X-Fi Go USB Sound card Rs.1880

**X-fi Go is Mainly used for sound output from Headphones

But I want The sound card to Give Extra Effects to Speakers.... Talking about Much Extra Improvement

Because If I get Little improvement, It Will be a COMPLETE Waste!!:mad:

Since you need a sound card for your laptop (a portable), i feel the Fiio E7 suits your needs the best.

Reason 1: Inbuilt Amp is great to drive headphones (which are very useful, specially for laptops/portable devices.)

Reason 2: Inbuilt DAC (So called 'Sound Card') is much better than regular on-board sound cards or X-fi Go, slightly better than Creative Audigy 7.1, and on par with Nuforce uDac. Hence you will notice a great difference even if you plug speakers like AL-VS4121/Edifier C3. I cant vouch for C2 as i haven't heard them, but i assume decent difference would be there.

Reason 3: You seem new to sound accuracy and hence may miss the so-called effects (like bloated bass, unreal Equalizzzzer, etc.). Hence the 3-level Bass-Boost on the Fiio E7 could help you in the transition to accurate sound step-by-step.

Reason 4: Its very VFM considering the fact that it costs ~4k and has comparatively better availability in India (Also has A.S.S.)

Reason 5: Works well with mp3 players / iphones / mobile phones too!

Obvious assumption: 2.0 or 2.1 speakers/headphones only

Ok Thanks Bro For Your Suggestion And Must SaY Kind Help:clap:
Finnaly I Will Be Buying Most Probably CREATIVE Sound Blaster X-Fi Go USB Sound card

THNAKS ONCE AGAIN......:yahoo:

Back