Won Moto Atrix in ebay auction: need suggestion

1. How are you going to get it shipped? He ships only to buyers in the United States. Importing used mobile phones in to India attracts a penalty. Even though this is new the customs officer valuating it might think otherwise. Be prepared to pay a fair bit in customs (for an iphone my friend had to pay around 3k in customs)

2. Is that phone unlocked? AT & T is mentioned in the sale details. You might want to check with the seller on that. Otherwise unlocking it is going to cost you extra.

3. The seller looks genuine. Must be using Ebay for personal use and not as a business. Hence the low number of feedback.

the deal seems good enough. it will be locked, so as long as the unlock is easily available there should be no issues.

he has in fact 30 feedback as seller, but that should be fine as they are not very low value items in his sellers feedback.

Many sellers try to jack up the feedback by selling cheap trinkets.

customs will be 1.3% of the purchase value... i.e. 315$.. confirmed that with iccworld.. will pay by evening and keep fingers crossed.

paypal and ebay have some buyer's protection right?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Fahrenheit said:
1. How are you going to get it shipped? He ships only to buyers in the United States. Importing used mobile phones in to India attracts a penalty. Even though this is new the customs officer valuating it might think otherwise. Be prepared to pay a fair bit in customs (for an iphone my friend had to pay around 3k in customs)

2. Is that phone unlocked? AT & T is mentioned in the sale details. You might want to check with the seller on that. Otherwise unlocking it is going to cost you extra.

3. The seller looks genuine. Must be using Ebay for personal use and not as a business. Hence the low number of feedback.
i dont have any problem in getting the phone unlocked myself. 315$ for an atrix is a great price.. unlock code would be around 10-15$ extra.

aink... shit.. i forgot about that... will ask a relative in US to pay.. :)

Fahrenheit said:
How are you going to pay for it? Paypal won't be possible as it is linked to your Indian address. Does ICCworld pay on your behalf?

but i can still make payments using a CC linked to my Paypal Account right? only i can't use the balance amount within my paypal account to buy stuff!!!!

correct me if i am wrong

The seller has listed only Paypal as the accepted payment method. I doubt you'll be able to make the payment via an Indian CC. Just try it and let us know, u don't have to go through with the payment, just check whether you reach the authorization page..

Fahrenheit said:
The seller has listed only Paypal as the accepted payment method. I doubt you'll be able to make the payment via an Indian CC. Just try it and let us know, u don't have to go through with the payment, just check whether you reach the authorization page..

I have done it many times.Indian CC works when linked with paypal for making ebay usa payments.

But does it work when the seller specifies that shipping is going to be only within the United States? Even i've bought stuff from Ebay.com but those were items which the seller was willing to ship internationally...

Yup, it works when u pay with your indian cc using paypal.. paypal dosent give the cc details to the seller. I myself have brought a Mytouch 4g from Ebay.com by winning an auction..and got it shipped using shopandship.com

You will not have any issue in buying it using paypal linked to your India CC/Address as long as the seller does not insist on Paypal verified address...in ur case..the seller did not mention it anywhere..so u r good to go...by the way..I bought an atrix from ebay.com couple of months back using paypal and got it shipped thru SnS

hmm. thankyou all for replying. :) paypal doesn't allow purchasing goods with funds within the paypal account, you can always use a linked CC to purchase a product AFAIK.

titana said:
what are the payment options we have..even i am interested in buying one and getting it shipped via shopnship...

paypal only, its safer using paypal. seller hasn't replied yet, maybe he is asleep :p. will make the payment as soon as he replies whether the phone is unlocked or not. have already made a PPO account on iccworld, just have to get it shipped to my PPO address and enter the details on icc website, and voila it will be here in 7 days. :)

m-jeri said:
Its a good deal. Hope u get a smooth txn. Keep us posted.

Yep sir! will update the thread accordingly.

wow. thats a great buy. i bought a brand new atrix a couple of weeks back for $380. Was from a super seller and an auction so i guess thats why the bidding was so heavy. $315 is a damm good deal. congrats. :)

raymasky said:
wow. thats a great buy. i bought a brand new atrix a couple of weeks back for $380. Was from a super seller and an auction so i guess thats why the bidding was so heavy. $315 is a damm good deal. congrats. :)
thanks but havent payed yet as the seller hasnt replied to my question regarding unlocking status yet.. :(

Unlocking shouldn't be a problem. you can get it unlocked via ebay for $15 or so. At the price you bought it ..its awesome. Dont worry about spending a little more to unlock it :)
vriship said:
thanks but havent payed yet as the seller hasnt replied to my question regarding unlocking status yet.. :(

Back