Workhose Lappy

archish

Skilled
I had been looking for a new Laptop for quite a long time now, after my Dell died completely in 2 years of which 1 year went in repair and 6 month in hiberation :rofl: it was time to get a reliable notebook this time.

I had following in mind for the new notebook:

- 14' or 13'.
- Weight 2kg or less. If price was right.
- Intel Core 2 Duo proccy
- Lots of ram n hdd space
- Nvidia gfx card, a must since this will be using only linux OS and i need h/w acc video playback :p
- More than a years warranty
- Matte screen
- Less than 30k :p

Well the laptop will run 24x7 so didnt want one which would heat a lot.
I had sortlisted ASUS K40IN as my preferred choice of lappy and was waiting for the right time to buy the baby.

Oct 1st Chinese National Day, what more could i ask to get good deals :p
was hunting all electronics store in evening for the right offer and I got almost all that i was expecting for and within my budget too...lol

Time for pics n specs to do the talking :p

Shrinkwrapped pics :bleh:

The config is
- Core 2 Duo T6670, has Virtualization support :clap:
- Geforce 102m onboard gfx card. I hardly play game but this is good for my linux setup n hd content :p
- 14' HD LED Screen, dont care of the HD part as the screen is 16.9 which personally i didnt like but LED screen rocks :D
- 500 Gig HDD
- 2 Gig Ram, more than enough for linux :p
- 802.11n Wifi Connectivity
- 1.3mp webcam
- Card Reader, 4 USB, Mic, Speaker Jack, Altec Lansing Speakers :eek:hyeah:
- Bag mouse n adapter :p

well the bummer is the weight is 2.3kg and its not matte screen.
Linux setup done and almost everything except for webcam is working, webcam shows inverted images...:rofl: should be fixed in a weeks time. Good VFM system :cool2:
EDIT: Forgot to add, got original licensed vista also along with this and free Win 7 upgrade offer...lol

Back