Worst Laptop?

mannuel

Disciple
Hi friends i would like to start a thread here as a social commitment

I have heard so many people cursing themselves for buying a specific laptop because it overheats,not performing well,severe hardware complaints and so on

So if you know any such kinds of laptop please post here with reason for avoiding them so that others can't be cheated .

My self think most HP laptops are worst bcoz every HP laptop has more features than same priced laptops by other companies so naturally all people will buy HP laptops

But i think Hp laptops have serios issues reagrding Heat managements.

Pretty much any laptop with a decent dedicated graphics card will have heating issues, esp. once it starts to get old

And, barring Thinkpads(T,X,W),Latitudes/Vostro,Probooks(basically business class laptops), you will have build quality issues once they get old

There's no such thing as a worst laptop IMO. Barring few of them which have had severe battery issues (specific to some batches which the company would eventually declare and recall for a replacement - Sony or Dell), overheating and other minor niggles are mostly caused as a result of poor maintenance. During my 4 year stay in the hostel, I've come across a lot of brands and variants and I know the kind of treatment that the laptop gets. Being tossed around in the bag without proper cushions to secure the device, using them on pillows/beds which results in the vents being blocked leading to overheating and impromptu shutdowns, loaded with tonnes of bloatware, has never seen a hard drive defragmentation during its lifetime, no Windows/driver updates etc. to list down a few.

Laptops like any other device, requires routine maintenance and checks for both the hardware and the software. Remove the back cover, clean the inlet/exhaust vents to remove the dust clogs, clean the blades of the centrifugal fan, remove the impeller from the fan casing, pour a drop of oil on the bearing, replace it on the casing and replace the back cover. Even the heatsink can be removed, the old dried thermal paste can be cleaned and replaced with a fresh blob from a tube. I can understand that the average college-goer wouldn't be willing to risk doing all this but a visit to the nearest service center doesn't harm either. They are more than willing to do a periodical service for a small amount. Goes a really long way to prolong the life of the laptop.

Simply reinstalling Windows during every semester opening doesn't help! I keep insisting this to all those who have had laptop issues mostly relating to overheating. I do however recall that the HP DV6 series has had GPU issues. I am not aware if HP did anything about this.

^The Hp dv2000 series. The graphics chip would overheat and eventually fuse into the motherboard. In the US, the case went to court and HP had to repair/replace a lot of laptops. No such luck here.

Back