Monitors Wtb 20" + Lcd

Looking for some options for this.

I had the Viewsonic VX2025WM in mind. I am upgrading out of my VX924.

What's the major difference between the VX924 and the VX922.

Any other options that I could work with.

Before we get started NO I am not interested in VP930B.....:p

vx 922 has slightly better response time..strange regarding its numbered lower..maybe Iam missing smthing....if u r upgrading from vx924 get a 23 inch one dude ;)

btw...ur package reached here...i hvnt got it home though..thanks man

I am also looking for a good 20 or 19" LCD to get from US. Getting confused with the options available. Basically I am looking at these monitors

1. Samsung 204B

2. Viewsonic VX2025WM

3. Benq FP202W

4. Dell 2007FP

5. Dell 2007FPW

6. Viewsonic VX922

If I get the Samsung 204B under $400, I will go for it. Also check out the Dell 2407FPW (24" wide screen) which is under offer in Dell India and comes for around 40k.

Dell 2407FPW

Reviews of these LCD's can be found at this site

Widesceen Gaming Forums

2025WM has been rated as on of the best LCD. My only issue is that this 20" looks like a 17". ??? Not sure ...Should I go with a VX922 or the 2025WM

DarkNight said:
2025WM has been rated as on of the best LCD. My only issue is that this 20" looks like a 17". ??? Not sure ...Should I go with a VX922 or the 2025WM

where wud you get it from though, and the price factor? id go for the 2025WM, MVA panel Vs 6 bit TN panel is a no brainer....

EDIT: Lemme know the price of the 2025WM, wud really be helpfull :)

I believe the 2025WM is being sold in India by VS. ON their campaign they are giving away a web cam with the Widescreens. Not sure about the pricing though...
Can anybody help out on this. Need to know latest by 29th afternoon. Otherwise I gotta go import one.....
Rave - Toms review states that the VX2025 is not as good as the 922 but comes awfully close. I know its 8bit but does that make a lot of difference.??

DarkNight said:
I believe the 2025WM is being sold in India by VS. ON their campaign they are giving away a web cam with the Widescreens. Not sure about the pricing though...
Can anybody help out on this. Need to know latest by 29th afternoon. Otherwise I gotta go import one.....
Rave - Toms review states that the VX2025 is not as good as the 922 but comes awfully close. I know its 8bit but does that make a lot of difference.??

8 bit and your forgeting the MVA panel in the 2025, even Dell 2005 has the same panel. and frankly dont refer to Tom's unless ur a tom fanboy ;)

I hate 19" 4:3 panels now... They looks so square and lack desktop space :p. If you are considering between a 20" Widescreen and a 19" 4:3, its not even a question... i'd take the 20" WS any day of the week.

well DJ using the exact same monitor i believe so it would be really great if he cud pour in his impressions about the monitor, and some css pics on the damn thing :(

DarkNight said:

RE: Viewsonic 2025W
Well my eyesight is rather limited and diminishing hence i cannot accurately give my opinion about any monitors ....
(all i know is games and dvd on this piece is a "unique" and "pleasant" expierience.)
stormy and aces170 have visited my place and seen it. it would be better if they give real life feedback since they are avid gamers / video junkies .....

@ Rave , i had taken some pics of CSS in motion ....but somehow none of them were of good quality (due to use of flash etc ...) , will take pics in daylight and post it for your scrutiny ...

@ To prospective buyers ....if you can get one here locally even for 22 ~ 24 K it is worth it imho ....you will not regret it.

Back