Car & Bike wtb a second hand car!

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
hi!
i am looking for a good cheap second hand car for myself---saw an alto 2004 silver for 60thousand rs.
and i also saw a 2002 dark navy blue maruti gypsy @ 65thousand---fell in LOVE with it INSTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what do u people recommend? any other suggestions?
also i have driven a maruti gypsy----how is it to live with?? mileage/breakdowns/maintainence?

wow, 60k for a 2004 alto is cheap!!!is it an accident model???....sounds fishy!!guess Team-BHP would be a better place for your query!!!

sunny27 said:
hi!
i am looking for a good cheap second hand car for myself---saw an alto 2004 silver for 60thousand rs.
and i also saw a 2002 dark navy blue maruti gypsy @ 65thousand---fell in LOVE with it INSTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what do u people recommend? any other suggestions?
also i have driven a maruti gypsy----how is it to live with?? mileage/breakdowns/maintainence?

How long do you intend to use the vehicle?

There's something fishy about the price of the Alto, more like a stolen vehicle? :p 60K is simply too low a price.

So if your going to use the vehicle for quite sometime, I strongly suggest you purchase one from a certified used car dealership.

About the Gypsy, it may look cool but you need to make sure it WAS well maintained else you'll end up worrying about it day and night !
An old vehicle in a poor condition is a strict no-no.

well i would opt for the gypsy easily serviceable,minimum maintenance required ,do note our armed forces use them for a reason.but fuel efficiency is bad,if its a 1litre MG410w company claims a max of 9km/litre in high way.
the alto i am sure is a accident vehicle.

i want the gypsy badly--but the mileage puts me off

and yes the alto 2004 model had a huge shunt and had its rear axles and clutch and loads of stuff damaged--the owner has assured me the car has been thoroughly repaired.

won't go for it.

2002 gypsy at 65k is also insane. i sold a 2002 800 (80k km) for 1 lakh some time back!

btw, mg410w gypsy is a guzzler. its useless for city traffic. mg413w is a vast improvement in terms of fuel efficiency! a gypsy really is good on the maintenance side - if you dont do a lot of 4x4 offroading, maintenance costs are just the regular minimum.

Back