WTB: AGP8x/Pro Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

SauravR

Disciple
I need an AGP 8x/ Pro card ..... prefrebly 256mb
128 bit .....
i think following cards are PRO SLOT such as....
ATI Radeon 9600pro
9800pro
x700 pro
x800 pro
x1300 pro
Nividia i donot know but willing to buy Nvidia cards too...:)

dude i need a pro card 128bit ...... i have Nvidia 6600 and it does not even fit on the pro slot......so if your card is pro pm me and we are in business:)

now nvedia doesn't comes in pro ??does it?

look man i am new to all this jargoans of graphics cards!

Card looks like sexy new You won't feel like it was ever used hehe!

all it's written on box is
RAMDACs:256-bit
pixel per clock :350 MHZ
Graphic core :63 millions
ok got it wat u meant !
my card has
128 mb 64bit DDR Crt+Tv :p

Aces170 said:
Pro slot, I think you are mistaken. All AGP cards will work.
Take a look at this link i have this board ASUS P4C800 the slot type they say is AGP 8x/Pro version AGP 3.0

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. =1

The voltages cut on the base of PCB do not match the card uses entirely diffrent slot.......:mad:

i have 4 cards.... (2 PCI-E and 2 AGP 8x)
Nvidia 5200 , Nvidia 6600 , (AGP 8x)

ATI 1300(All in One) and Nvidia 6800GT (PCI-E)

None of them even close to fit on the slot and tell me man i am wrong or some workaround is there ....... i am sincelrily hoping for one.....:hap2:

One more thing somebody told me that he got an ATI 1300pro 256 MB form Nehru PLace Delhi ..... PCI-E and not AGP for 4K....... He said he got it after looking a lot....... what can be the pricing for its AGP version there is one available at ebay for 5500.... AGP pro 8X looking at the pic it seems that it will fit still its a risk if it doesn't (eBay India: ATI Radeon X1300 Pro AGP 8X Graphic Card 256 MB DDR2 (item 160103650261 end time 12-Apr-2007 22:52:07 IST) :huh: ......

Somebody willing to look it for me at Nehru Place PLZ>>>>>>>>:)
ok One more PLZ........:hap2:
or tell me where i can find it in Mumbai..... the shop plz.......:)

all your agp cards should fit on that board :|

and that card is x1300pro which is the model name .. not 8x pro

LOL AGP Pro is a now defunct slot that came up in a few mobos. The only difference between the Pro and normal slot is that the Pro can supply more power to the card. However no one really adopted it and no AGP Pro cards exist. Any AGP Pro slot will take an AGP 8X card. The Pro in ATI card names has nothing to do with AGP Pro. ATI marks the cards with higher clockspeeds as Pro.

Chaos said:
LOL AGP Pro is a now defunct slot that came up in a few mobos. The only difference between the Pro and normal slot is that the Pro can supply more power to the card. However no one really adopted it and no AGP Pro cards exist. Any AGP Pro slot will take an AGP 8X card. The Pro in ATI card names has nothing to do with AGP Pro. ATI marks the cards with higher clockspeeds as Pro.

Insight to Pro slot Appreciated ........:hap2:

buddy i will appreciate and rep you if you tell me the exact model no that will fit in that slot instead of an LOL ..........:mad:

forgive me that i always end up with the the only few boards made.....:mad:

i too am frustrated about it.........:( :ashamed:

My cards doesn't fit that my problem i get it.......:)

three plz this time PLZ PLZ PLZ....... Somebody help me.......:hap2:

saurav29 said:
forgive me that i always end up with the the only few boards made.....:mad:

if your board is the p4c800 it will fit any agp card.. not sure why you are having problems.

bottle said:
if your board is the p4c800 it will fit any agp card.. not sure why you are having problems.

My problem is if you look at the slot of this board it has got three cuts... and is longer than normal AGP slot..

My problem is that none of the cuts in the AGP Nvidia 6600 or 5200 Match...(both having 2 cuts at the base of PCB) so tried several times no way this card fitting into that slot .... but i am not aware that if model higher than 6600 have three cuts on AGP.... i took advise of not so bright technician he told me that this is a pro slot... the website also says that that AGP8x/Pro version 3.0 the technician says that the cuts are different because of the voltages supplied are different and first cut is the point where voltage is supplied to the card...... besides he also added i needed a card with 128bit bus instead of my cards is 32 bit :S

(PS.. I cannot say anything to that technician because he is my landlord too...:( and he is too touchy about anybody doubting him..:no: ) so i logged in to ask help from TE community ........:)

@ Vivek help is really appreciated the board is in belapur now... and i am sometimes @ goregoan and sometimes at belapur kinda in between 2 places .. i will bring the board on my week day off ........:) which is not Sunday BTW...
i will see which weekday off i get in new schedule...:hap2:

Guys help me out here if this board doesn't work in few days my beloved PC will be taken away by my little bro... ( Assembling a cheapo for my bro... you see he is a student i am trying to prevent him from spending too much times on games:D )

Attachments

• P4c800.jpg
    P4c800.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 51
I don't see what the problem is thats an AGP slot alright and here's how the bottom of an AGP card looks like.

IF you look at the AGP slot in this picture... there's a small insert that sits inside the back section of the slot. It basically means plug the card into the front section of the slot and ignore the back section. Just plug it in as far in front as possible.

AnandTech: Asus P4C800-E: Updating the Intel Flagship

It Seems that my money is on ATI too......:)

Thanks to @Choas for removing all doubts....:hap2:

So guys any Offer for me ... for ATI Radeon 9800 pro AGP CARD 256 MB....:)

And of course any higher than 9800 pro will be appreciated too......:)

New or Old .......:hap2:

getting a 128mb one from vivek so will wait for 2 or 3 days for a higher capacity card........:D

i think money will not an issue so feel free to pm me your offers upgraded limit from 2K to 5K:cool2:

peace
raj

i can sell my 9800 pro 128 mb too if some body else backs down

oh and which mobo is urs....model no,???brand??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back