WTB: ASROCK 939DualSATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradox

Disciple
Hullo,

I'm looking to buy a 939DualSATA board, to be used with an existing (AGP) XFX 6800GT. Anyone got an unused piece handy?
Alternatively, anyone in Hyd know where I can source one from? I'm in Hyd, and the one dealer at CTC I usually visit told me that he'd have to get it from Mumbai, and seemed pretty sure the prices would be around the 3900/- mark. That sound right? :huh:

Oh, and I'm planning to pair this board with a Athlon64 3200+ :D - any tips on how I identify the core(Venice would be best, I assume?) and other details so I take the right 'step' ...um... -ing? :p

Any and all comments appreciated! :hap2:

Thanks for the replies :)

@Anish - Thanks for the confirmation! That's a little extra peace of mind when it comes to the price :cool2:

@Eazy - Dude, that link was definitely a clincher on my mobo choice. Much appreciated. I'd been rooting around OCW, OCZ and other forums for info on the board. TE's (well, TE-member, to be precise) endorsement is a neat tie-in to our (Indian) context :thumb: Of course, some of the accessorizing mentioned made me go :O especially the caps replacment part ...zowie!

Say, do you guys think I ought to be asking about the proc specs in this thread or a different one? I know that some forums are kinda strict about the one thread-one topic rule, and don't wanna put a damper on replies because I'm asking for more.
I'm still in for learnings about this board. Please keep the input coming! :brevet:

OT: Are there any Hyd'i folk out in TE? I'd sure like to know the names of dealers sourcing some of the high-end stuff that's so talked about! :eek:hyeah:

TIA!
:cheers:

Umm....New one available here for 3500 or less. I called up the Asrock distributor here and he said will give it for Rs3350, but with preorder and a 4 day wait.

I feel that the Biostar TForce is still a better choice, if you can spend Rs500 more.

Raghu.

Raghunandan said:
Umm....New one available here for 3500 or less. I called up the Asrock distributor here and he said will give it for Rs3350, but with preorder and a 4 day wait.

I feel that the Biostar TForce is still a better choice, if you can spend Rs500 more.

Raghu.

Are Biostar Tforce (not Gforce) m/b's avialable here in India ?

paradox said:
Hullo,

I'm looking to buy a 939DualSATA board, to be used with an existing (AGP) XFX 6800GT. Anyone got an unused piece handy?
Alternatively, anyone in Hyd know where I can source one from? I'm in Hyd, and the one dealer at CTC I usually visit told me that he'd have to get it from Mumbai, and seemed pretty sure the prices would be around the 3900/- mark. That sound right? :huh:

Oh, and I'm planning to pair this board with a Athlon64 3200+ :D - any tips on how I identify the core(Venice would be best, I assume?) and other details so I take the right 'step' ...um... -ing? :p

Any and all comments appreciated! :hap2:

check out Abacus at Secunderabad, ijust head right after the railway bridge, just before KFC, check out their site for the exact address and phone number...

paradox said:
Say, do you guys think I ought to be asking about the proc specs in this thread or a different one? I know that some forums are kinda strict about the one thread-one topic rule

Hehe, please go ahead since it is related info, we're cool about it :)

Its only when a thread goes drastically off-topic or in case of spamming/flaming do we need to step in.

deejay said:
Are Biostar Tforce (not Gforce) m/b's avialable here in India ?

I'm assuming he's talking about the Biostar 6100-M9, since it can be cross-flashed to the TForce BIOS. I could be wrong though, I was just browsing the Biostar site and noticed them mention an "Indian IT magazine Chip" reviewing the TForce.

It was reviewed by chip or digit i think and someone had posted a scan of the page too here. I remember seeing the scanned page upped to imageshack.

Supertron, Calcutta are the distributors for Biostar and they were the ones listed in the magazine and supplied the TForce939 for the review. Contact them here

Supertron, Mr. Sunil Sharma
at tel: +91 20 5698 8167 /68 or mobile number +91 98 440 22123
email: sunil_sharma@supertronindia.com

They are rather helpful but ensure that you get the proper 939 pin version, cuz there is a 754pin motherboard too. The price was listed as ~Rs3900 for the Socket 939 mobo in the magazine. Its a steal with UV reactive coated connectors and other nifty features!!

Raghu.

When it comes to the Tforce 939, you guys better listen to me :p !

I had ordered the board, which turned out to be the M9. The Tforce 939 HAS NOT yet reached India. I spoke to Biostar India head, who promised to e-mail me as soon as the board arrives.

Only the M9 and Tforce 754 are available. Hope that solves the confusion :)

The replies are appreciated :hap5: All of them!

@Raghunandan - Google is my friend, but the BioStar turned up more Chinese results than ones I could read :S Overall, though, I gather that it's an AGP-only solution??? Another reason I'm leaning towards the ASRock is the dual option - so the board doesn't need replacement again soon! But thanks to Anish's post, I guess I won't have to fiddle with the thought of performance that could have been!

Eazy - thanks for the link! There are more TE-ites in Hyd than I expected :hap2: Awesome!
OT, FRAG's been around for a while - it's not so bad considering that the machines are almost two or three years old. The 9600s cooking inside :chef: are pretty decent compared to the 5200s I've seen at Sify iWays, Reliance WebCenters and the like. But nothing to compare to more affluent (perhaps Mumbaiya?) :gun2: gaming cafes. FRAG just replaced all the PSUs with Antec 400W (yup, yes - probably not good for 7900GTX machines ... ;) ) pieces. That's at least a nudge in the right direction :)

*cringes* Whoops ...Crazy_Eddy - I hope I'm not too far OT :p

@Rave - thanks for the tip! I'll try to make a trip to James St. this weekend. www.abacusperipherals.com is down as I type this - will try again later!

P.S. - Anything on the Proc ID-ing (a Venice/good stepping) front? Anyone? :huh:

Thanks for all the comments so far. I can't wait to get this rig powered up :goku: (This'll be the first Athlon I've purchased)!

Cuz no one else did :mad:

But anyway - I got the info off of
AMD Processor Support Forum > How to identify processor core from the packaging

"On PIB/Retail CPUs, the CPU itself is visible through a window in the package. All you need to do is read the OPN off the chip. If it ends in BI it's a Winnie. Otherwise, if it reads BP it is a Venice."

Just clearing an incomplete thread (mobo purchase put off due to dire financial straits, so ...well :D uh, patience is a virtue?)

:)
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back