WTB : Display Panel under 65K

aman.pitbull

Skilled
I'm looking for a display panel for under Rs.65000-/-.

I'll be using it for watching Standard TV, DVD's(Component-out) and PC via-DVI-D port. I already have 5.1 channel Sony HT system so audio is not of that importance to me.

Distance from its position will be <=15ft.

Will buy it by the end of this month.

I told my father to buy 42''Panasonic PV70H.. but he's stuck on buying Samsung 37'' LCD. He goes by what the dealer tells him also he told me no other 37'' are available from other companies ?.

Also I've read that PLASMA panels are not that good for PC so what should I do. Will the Panny Plasma show movies crisply when connected via PC.

Also the Samsung 37'' is available for 65K w/bill , and many 32'' LCD's are for 40-50K. 37'' dosent look's like VFM option.

Please feel free to suggest some other options?

not much idea about LCD ...but dont get a onida or videocon thats for sure:p ....

OT--- 2 days ago i went to both croma and hypercity.....i have seen people searching for LCD and discussing like ...." this one look good..NO that one...nahi yaar iska color aur acha hai "........i have seen many shop owner dont have any TEch detail knowlegde

...........just WANT TO KNOW from the members .....when so many LCD are displayed at once....some LCD brightness/constrast setting are
to low /high ....due to which an brand for eg. Brand A might look better than Brand B ..but in reality Brand B is much better than A (in all terms) ...at similiar brightness/constrast setting.............

so does shopOWNER does such dirty tricks :( so that the customers might be attracted to Brand A ??????:S

I liked Philips and LG ...

I think plasma wont be able to handle PC as nicely as an LCD also the 37'' Samsung according to me has been priced extremely high considering that many 32'' are available for <50K.

I saw the 37'' on cable and hated it as there was blurring of image<shadows trailing> so I'm totally confused.

Can somebody tell me specifically what will suit my needs??

One more thing mu HT remote supports TV control for the Bravia LCD's too. Will such a thing be applicable to LCD's or PLASMA's of other company. Is it a really good feature or not that useful feature. I do have a collection of more than 1000+ movies and will surely be watching like hell. Most of them are DvD ripps+ DVDTS + HD's + some VCD's.

hey aman!

dude if you really want to use it with a pc aswel then forget plasma completely!

now in lcd i agree 65k for 37" is expensiv. instead id suggest you raise your budget by 15k an get a hitachi 42" full hd (yeah 1080p :p) .. should be available for bout 80k.. and a wonderful buy at that price.

I think I'll settle for a 37'' Panasonic LCD<54K> or a

32''LCD Samsung Series4 or Hitachi Or Panasonic.

If somebody has come across new offers please share.

Also eZone has some really attractive offers.

I'll check Croma and Lammy.

guys if i want panel only for Movies and DTH / Tata sky then whall i go for plasma ? does it really consume more ele than LCD ?
usage will be approx 5-8 hours a day.
thinking of Panasonic / Hitachi Full HD panel .... any suggesion over Bravia series ?
i want VFM solution...Plz help...
budget - maxxxxx 60-65k..

Go for LCD.
If you want full HD - nothing less than 42" will do
Samsung is the best in LCD, Sony is only priced higher, other than that nothing special about it.
Im using a Samsung 32" LCD- Superb colour reproduction, beats my Neighbours sony hands down.
Yes, Samsung LCDs are costly but they also have superior picture quality. Get your favourite DVD and make the dealer play it for you and see the diffrence.
Guess the Koreans have finally come of age and are beatiing the Japanese in both price and quality.
...and as I am writing this I am sweating as my friends overtly pricey(@30,000Rs) Hitachi 1.5T AC wont cool the room even after setting it up at 16 deg.C

Guess you get the picture

umm that samsung 37" is a full HD model isnt it...? specs look good, did u ask the dealer to play some DVD's (std def) on it, also tell him to hook it upto a tatasky since cable sucks anyways...

Back