Not open for further replies.

Vij

Skilled
Hi

Want to buy Flash drive.
8gb or 16gb.

What to get....What would be the price?
Anyone got anything similar to sell...

Try the Anupam Stationary outlet. I saw 8GB Transcend V30 for 3.5k in stock at borivali Anupam branch a day back.

8gb transcend v30 with 1.5 mBps write speeds :bleh:

should take about forever to write onto it full capacity

better get sandisk 4gb's (1900) with 6-7 MBPS write transfers

kooabs03 said:
somebody was selling 16gb corsair voyager with gud read/write speed for 6.5k

I contacted that somebody within 10min of that market thread creation, but it was sold locally by that somebody to somebdy...so could not get from somebody :p

lol, sorry man that deal went through really quickly and it was through our member amit ;) And he is very dear friend so could not say no to him.

Anyway, i will see what i can do to get you that stick as i have someone coming here from EU. now do search if some EU site is selling it then i will get it for you simply because u asked first and still i could not sell it to you.

Corsair 4 GB is available here locally if you are interested. I will get the prices by tomorrow.

Funky said:
lol, sorry man that deal went through really quickly and it was through our member amit ;) And he is very dear friend so could not say no to him.
Anyway, i will see what i can do to get you that stick as i have someone coming here from EU. now do search if some EU site is selling it then i will get it for you simply because u asked first and still i could not sell it to you.
Corsair 4 GB is available here locally if you are interested. I will get the prices by tomorrow.
hey thx mate...Ideally the corsair voyager 8GB is what I like :)

Oh and 4GB wont do...:(

Vij i know its odd for me to ask but why don't you go in for a Notebook HDD with a casing... Will work out cheaper and capacity will be higher...

Switch said:
Vij i know its odd for me to ask but why don't you go in for a Notebook HDD with a casing... Will work out cheaper and capacity will be higher...
Its the size of a palmtop isnt it...
Never used one :ashamed:
Is it as easy to use?
Price, availabilty?

Thanks switch...

Wait i will post a pic...

@edit Sadly my cam is in my office but yes its as big as a Palmtop but slimmer... Its easy to use... As easy as a flash drive :p... And a 80 GB will be around 4K plus 400 for a cheap casing or 800-1000 for a Transcend casing... Remember to pick up a Sata HDD with SATA Casing as it will be based on newer tech and go with Seagate as you get 5 yr warranty :p...

I think members around here were discussing an 80 GB with casing for around 3.5k. I could be wrong.

All in all, I think it's a better buy compared to the 8GB Flah Drive you have in mind.

The only thing is, you can't throw the Notebook HDD around like you would with the Flash Drive.

Regarding availability... any computer store would have it.

Actually these casings are good as big backup devices that you move occasionally from here to there or between 2 pcs or you have your own vehicle for traveling.

Otherwise these are simply too big to carry around in your pocket.

I prefer USB sticks for 4-5GB of data transfer. Fits in my pocket and i can take it anywhere without worrying about the damage to delicate HDD.

Thats the reason i actually sold my laptop hdd and casing and went in for 16G USB.

Unless you are one of those who carry movies around with you, USB stick is more practical :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back