WTB: New or used 450-500W power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiO

Skilled
A friend's getting a GTS and needs to upgrade from his generic 400W PSU. I've got no idea what's available at what prices so let me know if you have a used PSU for sale ~2k. Alternatively, if a brand new PSU (Powersafe?) costs a bit more than 2k, I'll ask him to consider that. He's ready to buy immediately because his GTS will arrive anytime now.

Does he have any budget marked out for the psu?
GTS but no money for a good PSU.:p

A new Powersafe 500 has 18A on 12v and should not cost more than 2.5k i think- maybe lower now.:)
But is that enough for the GTS- depending on overall rig too?:S :ashamed:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Does he have any budget marked out for the psu?
GTS but no money for a good PSU.:p

A new Powersafe 500 has 18A on 12v and should not cost more than 2.5k i think- maybe lower now.:)
But is that enough for the GTS- depending on overall rig too?:S :ashamed:
Try convincing someone over one whole year to upgrade their A64 rig ;) I finally got him to get an X2, 2GB memory and the GTS... and now, to spend 2k on a PSU. And no kidding, it took me close to a year to get him to upgrade lol.

About his setup, X2 3600 + 2GB memory + 1 optical + 2 hdd's + GTS. A quality 450 watter will handle this setup, so keep those suggestions coming. I guess the Powersafe 500W will be worth considering... should be around 2.2k now, but availability in Bangalore is a big question.

Zebronics sells a Delta OEM 500W PSU...that retails for arnd 1600 bucks all inclusive. You can go to Megabyte in the lane just opposite the ICICI bank in SP Road & checkout the PSU there.Looks to be very heavy & quite solid. Got SATA as well as EPS 8-pin connectors.
See the link below....the PSU at the bottom of the page (middle one) is the one I am talking about.
Products - Zebronics, Power supply, Gold Series, Zeb-500w Platinum, Platinum Series, Zeb 620w diamond, Zeb-400w Platinum, Top Notch Infotronix Pvt Limited, Computer Distributor, Computer Manufacturers

Oh sweet, I'll ask him to check it out... btw, you happen to know the specs for this Delta OEM?

The problem is that the specs are not there on that PSU.....but it was very heavy and the guy there showed me a server setup with a Xeon 3050 and lot of stuffs running with this PSU.

the specs on the zebby are +12v 17A +5v 33A and +3.3v 28A.. i have it and cant exactly vouch for it since my system isnt that really loaded.. it comes with 12cm fan for cooling.. costed me arnd 2k a few months ago.. should be lesser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back