Car & Bike WTB Second Hand Bike Budget: 20k

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a bike just to learn within 20k.

I have no idea what's a good price. Hoping for suggestions.

If you have any contact info of anyone selling or if you are selling yourself also let me know.

Thanks.

That shows how little you know about cycles.[DOUBLEPOST=1389371532][/DOUBLEPOST]But anyways, coming to the point, there will be plenty of bikes available at that price point.

One that I would recommend is the Honda Twister. It has a 110cc engine which would be good enough for a beginner, and it being a Honda would fetch decent resale, when you have learnt how to ride a motorbike. But the looks are subjective.
Hero Splendor/Passion is also a decent buy, so is Discover/Platina.
That being said, all 100cc bikes are about the same to ride and in handling and performance.[DOUBLEPOST=1389371665][/DOUBLEPOST]And as for buying a bike, you arent gonna get many offers here mate.

Just log on to olx.in and select your bike.
Just take any petrolhead friend of yours and a mechanic along with, and dont buy from dealers.

Last edited:
That shows how little you know about cycles.[DOUBLEPOST=1389371532][/DOUBLEPOST]But anyways, coming to the point, there will be plenty of bikes available at that price point.

One that I would recommend is the Honda Twister. It has a 110cc engine which would be good enough for a beginner, and it being a Honda would fetch decent resale, when you have learnt how to ride a motorbike. But the looks are subjective.
Hero Splendor/Passion is also a decent buy, so is Discover/Platina.
That being said, all 100cc bikes are about the same to ride and in handling and performance.[DOUBLEPOST=1389371665][/DOUBLEPOST]And as for buying a bike, you arent gonna get many offers here mate.

Just log on to olx.in and select your bike.
Just take any petrolhead friend of yours and a mechanic along with, and dont buy from dealers.
Hey thanks for the reply.

Yep, it is true I have 0 knowledge about both cycles and bikes haha. Sorry for my ignorance.

I will take a mechanic along for sure to check that everything is alright. What do you mean by a petrolhead friend and why is he needed? I was thinking of taking my driver along cuz he knows how to ride bikes so he can test ride it. How can I check mileage of bike? o_O

I am getting a 2006 Honda Unicorn ridden 63,000 km for Rs. 20,000. And another option was a 2006 Yamaha Gladiator ridden 40,000 km for Rs. 10,000. What do you think?

Further, this is the first time I'm buying a vehicle second hand. A friend of mine told me to do the following checks. Feel free to add anything.
1. Insurance Policy - Check date from and to.
2. Registration No - Check no. plate and chassis no. is the same as that on insurance papers.
3. RTO Card Registration should have Engine and Chassis No.
4. PAN Card of Seller to check if bike is in his name.
5. Get transfer paper from RTO and get his signature

If anything is missing, please let me know. I don't want to get scammed.

Thanks again.

Hey thanks for the reply.

Yep, it is true I have 0 knowledge about both cycles and bikes haha. Sorry for my ignorance.

I will take a mechanic along for sure to check that everything is alright. What do you mean by a petrolhead friend and why is he needed? I was thinking of taking my driver along cuz he knows how to ride bikes so he can test ride it. How can I check mileage of bike? o_O

A petrolhead friend is just a guy who knows automotive world. They are recommended just so that the mechanic doesnt take you for a ride. But if you have a really trustworthy mechanic, you can skip this step. In your case, your driver will do perfectly.
By milage, do you mean the fuel consumption i.e. K.M per litre? No way. You just have to take the seller's word for it.

I am getting a 2006 Honda Unicorn ridden 63,000 km for Rs. 20,000. And another option was a 2006 Yamaha Gladiator ridden 40,000 km for Rs. 10,000. What do you think?
How important is the resale value of the bike, when you decide to sell it to you? Also both the bikes are very good bikes, and would take you some time to outgrow their performance, especially the Unicorn. But you can never judge a bike at the keyboard

Further, this is the first time I'm buying a vehicle second hand. A friend of mine told me to do the following checks. Feel free to add anything.
1. Insurance Policy - Check date from and to.
2. Registration No - Check no. plate and chassis no. is the same as that on insurance papers.
3. RTO Card Registration should have Engine and Chassis No.
4. PAN Card of Seller to check if bike is in his name.
5. Get transfer paper from RTO and get his signature
6. It is recommended to check from the police station if it is a stolen bike, but heck, nobody does that in India(But everyone does that in USA/ Europe)

If anything is missing, please let me know. I don't want to get scammed.

Thanks again.

Replies in bold.

Replies in bold.
Hey thanks. The resale value is kind of important to me, because I am just buying the bike for learning purposes. Unfortunately, can't find anyone who rents bikes out neither does any friend living close to me have a bike to learn.

I own a car and cars are much safer in Mumbai as compared to bikes so once I get a hang of it I will resell it.

Well then, Get the Gladiator. Its not only run less, but also costs only 10K.

Heck how much can you lose on that one when you resel it.[DOUBLEPOST=1389374894][/DOUBLEPOST]But dont take my word on it, get your driver to TD it and mechanic to check it.

Back