WTB: Sub 20k notebook/mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracerbullet

Skilled
I'm looking for a sub 20k notebook for my girlfriend. I'm guessing it'll have to be second hand as the cheapest, decent notebooks start at about 30,000 Rs.

Being a macintosh fan :), she doesn't mind settling for a mac mini either; portability is what she's looking at. Now mac minis start at 29k, so again I'm looking for a good sub 20k deal. If there's anyone getting rid of their stuff for a maximum or 20,000 bucks (depending on the condition, of course) then I'm willing to pick it up. Her first priority is a notebook, second a mac mini, third an imac. A desktop PC doesn't figure in her list at all, so there's no point even suggesting it!

I need to wrap up a good deal really soon, so some quick help would be appreciated. Thanks.

How is a mac mini portable? I mean, it definitely takes up less desktop space and all, a good thing, but the monitor is still the same old oversized stuff. Your best bet is a second hand laptop, though where you will find one is beyond me.

KingKrool said:
How is a mac mini portable? I mean, it definitely takes up less desktop space and all, a good thing, but the monitor is still the same old oversized stuff. Your best bet is a second hand laptop, though where you will find one is beyond me.
Yeah that's what I tried explaining to her. But then you can probably understand how irrational macintosh fangirls can! She's a journalist and reports all over the place, so all she needs is a good machine for filing her stories, email, and researching the internet. And she's the travelling kind who's literally all over the country.

So it's either notebook, a mac mini or an imac. Help!

Boy! Give her flowers day after...and save up 6-7K more to get a new one...USed notebooks are not an advisable buy IMHO

- The battery would most likely be worn so if she plans to travel with it, a new battery will be a must-buy and will be arnd 4-5K

- Unlike desktops, lappies are more prone to getting damages as they r mobile so you never really know what condition the lappy's internals are in unless buying frm a known person

If you still have your mind set on that, I know there are vendors in Nehru Place, Delhi who stock up used notebooks....I can look for their phone numbers if u want t

superczar said:
If you still have your mind set on that, I know there are vendors in Nehru Place, Delhi who stock up used notebooks....I can look for their phone numbers if u want t
That would be great, as SHE has her mind set on it. And no, this isn't for Valentine's day or anything. I can't do much; she's working in Delhi right now:(

I'll PM you the numbers in a few hrs ..they are on a spreadsheet somewhere deep inside my HDD

Anyway, i'd still suggest a new one,

Even if she buys a used one for 20K, she'll still have to spend at least another 4-5K on new batteries taking the total to 24-25K and you never know how good the notebook will be...

I think new celeron M 15"XGA notebooks from Acer & COmpaq start from as low as 27K which willmake a mucho better buy IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back