X360 - Reset Glitch Hack thread

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
The gods have finally spoken and we now have a JTAG hack on all 360 consoles (except Xenon chipset). Here's a video of of a Slim 360 launching homebrew code:

Here are the details:

The french developer and hacker, GliGli, is proud to release via XboxHacker forums, what most of us are waiting for since more than one year : a new exploit for the Xbox 360. This new Hack is called "Reset Glitch Hack" and needs the installation of a chip. The Reset Glitch Hack is compatible with most 360 models: all the Xbox Slims models and for FAT, Zephyr and Jasper are working for now (Falcon will be released when the devs will have one at hand).

To explain it (very) simply, the chip sends little pulses to the processor in order to distabilize the console and make it believe a modified CB is correctly hashed and signed. This operation doesn't succeed every time, but it is repeated till it works. Once the modified/hacked CB is validated by the console, it has enough rights to launch unsigned code and in our case, XeLL, the Xenon Linux Loader. For full details, read GliGli's explanation of his hack, you can also have a look at the source code of Hack available HERE.

Advantages of this Hack :

- All the 360 expect the Xenons will be compatible.

- It's unpatchable, in fact the CB is involved so early in the console boot process that it can't be revoked

Drawbacks:

- A chip is needed.

- The boot time varies and it can take up to a few minutes to run unsigned code.

Source: The Reset Glitch Hack : a new exploit on Xbox 360 [ EN ]

Video:

[media]JyYdL4L6vwE&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Re: The Reset Glitch Hack : A new exploit on Xbox 360 (read: JTAG re-born)

Hope it isn't as tricky as the PSP HEN exploit. That gave me migraines :/

I already find xbox boot time annoying compared to my PC (Yeah i use a SSD). But few minutes :p ? Guess that is something we'll have to sacrifice to save cash :lol:.

Pretty neatly explained in the link - http://libxenon.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=146.0;attach=61

Source: Reset Glitch Hack Tutorial

Allwyn, where do you intend to source the USB SPI Programmer, CPLD and the cable? :p I think the socket and the 220 pF cap can be purchased from a local electronics shop (not sure about the socket though!). Hit me up when you are about to attempt it!

I would rather get it done via a modder than trying it myself

Gannu said:
Allwyn, where do you intend to source the USB SPI Programmer, CPLD and the cable? :p I think the socket and the 220 pF cap can be purchased from a local electronics shop (not sure about the socket though!). Hit me up when you are about to attempt it!

I am not brave enough to attempt this hack on my own. So I would rather have it done through a professional. Since it would be a one time investment, I wouldn't mind shelling out some extra dough. Also, it's said that this hack in un-patchable, so I wouldn't worry about any dashboard update screwing this hack. I'll wait till it's widespread. Until then, I'm going to flash my console to LT 1.91 and stay on it for some time. It's not like we're hard pressed on time or anything. ;)

^ You flashing it on your own ? I could open my console till CD Drive but could not proceed further thankfully i have the keys with me so no soldering would require

Would this mean we can go online once the hack is out and No patch can stop us from going online?

If this is for real than MS will change full architecture in new xboxes:)

I'll have one of my friend come over and open this dam thing up and hopefully remove the warranty sticker without messing it up. He also knows the 'half open DVD tray' part, I guess the rest of the tutorial is pretty straight forward from Jungle Flasher. All I need is my friggin' key. :p

Would this mean we can go online once the hack is out and No patch can stop us from going online?

Hells no! Just like JTAG, this is very much a strictly offline only hack. The moment you go online, you're pretty much a dummy target for getting banned.

farookh could do the original JTAG and heck, with some basic soldering skills that guide is sufficient IMO if we had the hardware. I think I'll wait then. :)

Got it...Figured it out later when I checked the title again:)

Would be great to have all the DLC's being applied. As nowadays we have 30-40% of stuff coming as DLC's

and yes Paid Themes:)

Ethan_Hunt said:
Hells no! Just like JTAG, this is very much a strictly offline only hack. The moment you go online, you're pretty much a dummy target for getting banned.

Pretty much everything that we ever dreamed of from homebrew can be expected. Emulators, custom dashboards, running back ups off HDD etc. :D

Dude...what about the xbox key..that was another hack which was under a lot of news...what happened to that?

Massive PHAIL...ehh?

If this goes mainstream, then the 360key is f*cked. The primary selling point of the X360key was to cater games booting off an HDD and it's compatibility with Slims. With this hack, you can do that AND much more.

lol that x360key is super f1cked then. And it was selling for 125$+? lol

Was selling? I think its all preorder right?

The device (x360key) is not yet out IMO

vercetti said:
Was selling? I think its all preorder right?

The device (x360key) is not yet out IMO

The first batch has been made in factories.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'll have one of my friend come over and open this dam thing up and hopefully remove the warranty sticker without messing it up. He also knows the 'half open DVD tray' part, I guess the rest of the tutorial is pretty straight forward from Jungle Flasher. All I need is my friggin' key. :p
I'm don't know much of CK3 Probe which would be required here to power up drive also no soldiering is required here, things looks very easy to do when seen on youtube video ;-) Also tools are not easy to get, someone give classes on it :sos:

Back