WTB X370/B450 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

awestorr

Adept
price depending upon the age of board.
need 4 ram slots.
Bios version - should boot up with a 3300x.
special prefernce to GIGABYTE B450M-DS3H WIFI

Last edited:
I have a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 from 2017 that I stopped using a couple months after purchasing, because I switched to an mATX form factor, and it's been sitting around since. It's a solid board but it won't boot with anything other than Ryzen 1xxxx because the BIOS on it is outdated.

I have a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 from 2017 that I stopped using a couple months after purchasing, because I switched to an mATX form factor, and it's been sitting around since. It's a solid board but it won't boot with anything other than Ryzen 1xxxx because the BIOS on it is outdated.
unfortunately i wont be able to update the bios myself
However,this mobo fits my need perfectly.
any chance that you might be able to get the bios updated?
like from a shop or someone that you know?
i can even pay for the bios update if its reasonable

Last edited:
The board has been sold.

I've got an X370 Titanium, fair condition, that I might be thinking about letting go. Never really pushed it too hard, no overclocking or anything like that past presets, watercooled for its entire life w a 1700. As far as the RAM slots go, can't promise that all four are working perfectly - I'll do my best to dig up four modules to test it out, but you might have to take a gamble on that one. There's no warranty left on it, but it's probably the best mobo i ever got - I purchased it in summer 2018... or was it 2019? I'll have to double-check that. Shoot me a message if you want to discuss further, thanks!

I've got an X370 Titanium, fair condition, that I might be thinking about letting go. Never really pushed it too hard, no overclocking or anything like that past presets, watercooled for its entire life w a 1700. As far as the RAM slots go, can't promise that all four are working perfectly - I'll do my best to dig up four modules to test it out, but you might have to take a gamble on that one. There's no warranty left on it, but it's probably the best mobo i ever got - I purchased it in summer 2018... or was it 2019? I'll have to double-check that. Shoot me a message if you want to discuss further, thanks
done

If you are looking to use it with 5600 then better get B550 mobo else you would simply be wasting 5600 capabilities. For old X370/B450 mobo I suggest to stick with till ryzen 4xxx series.
is there any limitation on using 5600 with a 450 board?

Last edited:
If you are looking to use it with 5600 then better get B550 mobo else you would simply be wasting 5600 capabilities. For old X370/B450 mobo I suggest to stick with till ryzen 4xxx series.
Wrong information, my friend. My friend is using a 5600 with a B450. After changing the thermal / TDC limits in the BIOS, the chip boosts to 4.65 Ghz on all cores with no issues, if temps are good. I'm using an X470 with a 5600, as well. My chip boosts to 4.65 Ghz all cores, too.

Wrong information, my friend. My friend is using a 5600 with a B450. After changing the thermal / TDC limits in the BIOS, the chip boosts to 4.65 Ghz on all cores with no issues, if temps are good. I'm using an X470 with a 5600, as well. My chip boosts to 4.65 Ghz all cores, too.
how much power does it consume.on that boost.
my 5600 on b450 was consuming 100-110 watts on 4.4/4.5 all core.

how much power does it consume.on that boost.
my 5600 on b450 was consuming 100-110 watts on 4.4/4.5 all core.
Peaked at 115W on Cinebench R23.
But keep in mind that the 5600 is a VERY hot chip when left unlocked in the BIOS. It will only boost that high if you have good cooling. I'm using a D15s (with 2 fans), and that barely manages to keep it at 70C.

Peaked at 115W on Cinebench R23.
But keep in mind that the 5600 is a VERY hot chip when left unlocked in the BIOS. It will only boost that high if you have good cooling. I'm using a D15s (with 2 fans), and that barely manages to keep it at 70C.
mine was also going upto 68-70.
i have a deepcool air cooler

I was talking about pcie lanes, more specifically pcie 4.0 NVMe & possibility of more/better bios updates. A X470 board is already quite good though.

pcie 4 doesnt matter for budget/mid level gpus unless we are talking about cards like arc,rx6400/6500.
unfortunately i m still on my 4 year old sata m2 ssd, cant even utilize my pcie 3 m2 slot effectively.

Last edited:
pcie 4 doesnt matter for budget/mid level gpus unless we are talking about cards like arc,rx6400/6500.
unfortunately i m still on my 4 year old sata m2 ssd, cant even utilize my pcie 3 m2 slot effectively.
NVMe ssd(good ones) are much better than typical sata ssd but mainly, nowadays a good pcie 4 NVme ssd is available at around same price as good NVMe pcie 3 ssd. Of course if your usage is such that you won't be able to see any noticeable difference between them then no issue but with windows ever increasing requirements you never know when it start making a difference.

yeah, right now i m using it just to boot windows, maybe in future i will upgrade to pcie gen 3 when games start demanding it.
no point in selling a 256gb sata ssd .
rather just wait for it to die or become obsolete
NVMe ssd(good ones) are much better than typical sata ssd but mainly, nowadays a good pcie 4 NVme ssd is available at around same price as good NVMe pcie 3 ssd. Of course if your usage is such that you won't be able to see any noticeable difference between them then no issue but with windows ever increasing requirements you never know when it start making a difference.

yeah, right now i m using it just to boot windows, maybe in future i will upgrade to pcie gen 3 when games start demanding it.
no point in selling a 256gb sata ssd .
rather just wait for it to die or become obsolete
Just get a Crucial P3 1TB for 4.8K and call it a day. It's a solid NVME, which is what I'm using, as well.

Attachments

• Speeds.jpg
    Speeds.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 37
Just get a Crucial P3 1TB for 4.8K and call it a day. It's a solid NVME, which is what I'm using, as well.
It is a typical dramless NVMe ssd which though decent is still not as good as WD SN570 which is the fastest dramless NVMe pcie 3 ssd & is available for just 5119 a few days back on amazon. Most importantly, in worst case scenario(more than 50-60% filled or writing dozens of GBs of data in one go) crucial P3 write speeds can drop to hdd level 100MB/s but SN570 write speeds will never drop below 400-500MB/s even if it is almost full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back