CPU/Mobo X99 Motherboard required

dafreaking

Skilled
Well my trusty X99-Pro went kaput and since Asus is not going to fix it for me I need to get a new motherboard. As this is just a motherboard recommendation I'm not going to fill the template as that can confuse people.

Will be used with an i7-5820K with 4 sticks of RAM. In built wifi is a big plus. As the topic says please no ASUS. While they make good stuff, once burnt twice shy. Looking at ASrock boards but can't seem to find much locally/online. Do not want to buy from abroad as these things are very finicky.

TIA

OT: What exactly happened with motherboard and Asus service centre ?

Long story short, I managed to bend a few pins while trying to clean it thinking that was causing the board to malfunction. Because of my own stupidity Asus went scott free for their board dying on me. They don't have sockets in stock and the head office hasn't gotten back to them so far for a socket replacement which I agreed to pay for.

Yep saw that. been reading horror stories about MSI service, etc. Then again going by newegg, there don't seem to be any reliable X99 motherbaords. :( Should have bought a Z97 last year and saved some cash and heart-ache.

I believe prime had an ASRock board and they were the distri or something similar. Have a look.

Also, this was some 3 months back when I was building the virtualization lab project, so not exactly sure.

I believe prime had an ASRock board and they were the distri or something similar. Have a look.

Also, this was some 3 months back when I was building the virtualization lab project, so not exactly sure.

I spoke to them 2 weeks ago and they didn't have any ASrock boards :( Will ask them again tomorrow. Need a board sooner rather than later.

Just wondering why you're against ASUS now? Do you think any of the other brands will be that helpful (even if you agree to pay for repair) - I'm sure any of the other brands will also have problems with stocking partial (parts) of mobos, they will either replace under warranty or just deny it and make you buy a new board - or does anyone have any tales to tell about brands which do make such repairs?

I dont think so any Motherboard manufacturer can provide Socket separately . So thats not ASUS's problem.

Asus ,Gigabyte ,Asrock are the most reliable brand currently but X99 mobo from them are to costly or out of stock. So you have only 2 option left

1. Buy expensive X99 mobo ( price 30k +)
2. Or sell current CPU n buy current gen CPU+Mobo (+RAM)

After sales service is a lottery with all manufacturers in all countries.
Best you can do is purchase the best product within your budget and hope nothing ever goes wrong.

There are nightmare stories relating to every single brand :\.

And in your case, it is technically within their rights to refuse RMA.
Physical damage is a big no-no when dealing with support guys as it just gives them an excuse to screw over the consumer.

Last edited:
Just wondering why you're against ASUS now? Do you think any of the other brands will be that helpful (even if you agree to pay for repair) - I'm sure any of the other brands will also have problems with stocking partial (parts) of mobos, they will either replace under warranty or just deny it and make you buy a new board - or does anyone have any tales to tell about brands which do make such repairs?
In hindsight nothing against ASUS per se. Just the whole ordeal, sadly there X99 boards according to the interwebs don't seem as great as there other ones.

I dont think so any Motherboard manufacturer can provide Socket separately . So thats not ASUS's problem.

Asus ,Gigabyte ,Asrock are the most reliable brand currently but X99 mobo from them are to costly or out of stock. So you have only 2 option left

1. Buy expensive X99 mobo ( price 30k +)
2. Or sell current CPU n buy current gen CPU+Mobo (+RAM)

Theres no way I'm going to spend 30K on a Mobo. Infact I might just get one for approx 16K from abroad as it doesn't seem to matter if one has warranty or not since replacements in any case take months.

Or buy a used X99 board?

Haven't found one at a decent price yet.. This could be an option.

After sales service is a lottery with all manufacturers in all countries.
Best you can do is purchase the best product within your budget and hope nothing ever goes wrong.

There are nightmare stories relating to every single brand :\.

And in your case, it is technically within their rights to refuse RMA.
Physical damage is a big no-no when dealing with support guys as it just gives them an excuse to screw over the consumer.

100% agree with what you have said.

My last few DIY repairs have back-fired badly. I just want to buy a board that works. I don't care about overclocking, etc at the moment.

Well my trusty X99-Pro went kaput and since Asus is not going to fix it for me I need to get a new motherboard. As this is just a motherboard recommendation I'm not going to fill the template as that can confuse people.

Will be used with an i7-5820K with 4 sticks of RAM. In built wifi is a big plus. As the topic says please no ASUS. While they make good stuff, once burnt twice shy. Looking at ASrock boards but can't seem to find much locally/online. Do not want to buy from abroad as these things are very finicky.

TIA
Gigabyte GA-X99-SLI 128GB DDR4 -23000.

Link:https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Gigabyte+GA-X99-SLI+128GB+DDR4+Intel+Motherboard_C13P25930.html

Dear Sir,
Following are the prices as per your requirement.
GA-X99-DESIGNARE EX
GA-X99-PHOENIX SLI
GA-X99-SOC Champion
GA-X99P-SLI
GA-X99-SLI
Thanks & Regards
Prime ABGB Pvt Ltd.
www.primeabgb.com

This one will hep u to decide and i will go with GA X99P sli bro sold one to a Friend Awesome MOBO :)

I spoke to them today and they don't have most X99 boards mentioned on their website in stock. They have the ASrock X99 Extreme3 board in stock and that is a super cheap board but seems to have very average reviews. Then again it's for under 17K!!!

if you are going to end up importing, it might make sense to look at dual socket boards. :D

Will have to buy a new processor and RAM! I'm trying to save money not spend more :p

Dear Sir,
Following are the prices as per your requirement.
GA-X99-DESIGNARE EX
GA-X99-PHOENIX SLI
GA-X99-SOC Champion
GA-X99P-SLI
GA-X99-SLI
Thanks & Regards
Prime ABGB Pvt Ltd.
www.primeabgb.com

This one will hep u to decide and i will go with GA X99P sli bro sold one to a Friend Awesome MOBO :)

I spoke to Swapnil at Prime today. He has the MSI X99a-Sli Plus for 20K. Will confirm prices of the Gigabyte boards. Have had good luck with Giga oards in the past. Giga X99 seems to be universally panned though :(

Another option is the ASrock Extreme4 from abroad for around 16K..But obviously will have to send it back if it ever needs repair which will be a b1tch.

I would suggest against getting MSI board due to poor after sales service.
Can you elaborate on this? I am getting an MSI GTX 1060 soon.

See, this is the BS the consumer has to live with. Pick a brand, any brand, and there will be someone out there who has had a bad experience with it :(.

MSI has improved a lot regarding ots after sales support.
The reason is that my LGA1150 MSI Board H97M-G43 got its pins bent and fried due to lightning strike but they replaced my whole chipset. They said if it gives further problems they will give a new sealed board but it worked after repairing.

I recommend MSI X99A Raider -19,000.

Link:http://www.theitwares.com/msi-x99a-...99-usb-3-1-usb-3-0-atx-intel-motherboard.html[DOUBLEPOST=1470269794][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you elaborate on this? I am getting an MSI GTX 1060 soon.

See, this is the BS the consumer has to live with. Pick a brand, any brand, and there will be someone out there who has had a bad experience with it :(.
Dont worry about getting a MSI GTX 1060 GPU. If a problem arises just take it Accro Engineering which distributes and does RMA stuff regarding MSI.

Back